Ch. 9

Sophie POV:

We eventually walked back into the meeting room what was eerily silent even though it was full of people.

When nobody was expecting it, somebody spoke.

"So, Is it okay that I played as a double agent, but not the kid?"

I pulled my head away from Fitz and looked up to see the cloaked lady with her hood down. I knew who that was, I see that face every time I look at my adoptive mother. I see that face in frames when I walk through the halls of Havenfield. I live down the hall from the room that the face belongs too.

The gorgeous blonde girl was Grady and Edaline's daughter.

Fitz POV:

Jolie.
Jolie?

She was back.

But how?

She died.

I realized that it was a question for later when Sophie collapsed in my arms. This was too much for her. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Grady and Edaline run over to their oldest daughter in disbelief.

"She needs to be anywhere but here, Fitz." Elwin told me and I nodded. Sophie woke up and began to hyperventilate. If we wanted to go anywhere, Sophie needed to calm down.

"Soph, you're okay. You need to breath." I said as she gasped for air. I brushed her hair away and cupped her face. "Breath, Sophie." I said and she just looked at me with fear in her eyes. "You need to breath!" I exclaimed when she started to shake in my arms.

"I'm going to have to sedate her." Elwin said and started to rifle through his bag. "No, you can't." I said and held on to Sophie. Her breathing was starting to slow down.

He pulled out a bottle and Sophie tried to pull away from me. "Soph, It's okay. Just calm down." I told her and she tried to get her breathing back to normal. Once she could speak again, she looked to Elwin.

"Put the bottle away." She warned and Elwin took a deep breath. "Sophie, I know you hate it, but your concentration is out of wack. If you tried to leap right now, you would fade away." He explained to her but she shook her head. Elwin looked at me and I nodded, then tightened my grasp on Sophie.

"Fitz, No!" She sobbed and tried to thrash her way out, but I was stronger than she was. "I'm sorry, Sophie." I said and Elwin grabbed her face. She screamed and I could tell she was about to inflict.

"Elwin, NOW!" I yelled and he poured the liquid down her throat as soon as she sent out a wave of pain, I fell to the ground and held my chest.

It would be over as soon as the sedative kicked in.

5...

I couldn't stand the pain.

4...

It felt like my insides were being ripped out.

3...

I don't understand how such a small girl could unleash this amount of power and pain.

2....

I started to gasp for air, as it slowly left my lungs.

1....

It was one final shock wave until it was all gone.

I heard a thunk and slowly sat up, Sophie was passed out of the floor. The sedative kicked in just in time. I looked to Elwin, he was still laying on the floor, holding her chest like I had been.

I shakily stood up and caught my breath, then waited for Elwin to join me.

"She's powerful." He muttered and then collected his bag from the floor. Everybody was staring at us, and Amy looked horrified.

"Did my sister just do that to you?" She asked me and I nodded, then scooped a limp Sophie up in my arms. "She doesn't like sedatives." I said almost chuckled and Elwin pulled out his pathfinder. I looked at Sophie's calm face and blinked away tears.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, knowing she couldn't hear me. It would take her a while to forgive me for holding against her will while a doctor tried to shove sedatives down her throat. It was probably torture for her, and she probably experienced it before.

My sister, the twins, Amy and Dex all joined hands and Biana put a hand on my shoulder, then Elwin held up his pathfinder and we leaped away.

When we got to Everglen, I laid Sophie down in her room that we announced as hers when she arrived in the lost cities. The door even said Sophie's name on it. Biana went to go sulk in her room, Tam and Linh crashed in some gust room next to Biana's, and Amy went down to talk to my father.

I slowly made my way up to my room, still sore from Sophie's inflicting. I was about to open the door but I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around to see Linh.

"Fitz?" She asked.

"It's going to be okay. Sophie will forgive you, and I'm the Black Swan already has a plan to get Keefe back." She told me and gave me a small smile. "You're probably right." I said and sat down on the floor in front of my door. Linh sat with me.

"How are you so strong?" I asked her.

"Well, that's easy. I don't worry about the problem, because there's always a solution. I'd rather worry about figuring out the solution." She said and I nodded along.

She was smart.

I sniffled and grabbed her hand. "Thank you." I said and she turned her head to look at me.

"For what?" She asked and I smiled, letting the tears roll down my face.

"For giving me hope."

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Hey guys! This is the updated version of this chapter! I hope you like it!

Please vote and comment!

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to comment them or DM me with them!

Thank you so much! <3