06- Training

So it's been 2 weeks and I'm officially healed up. Asher wants me to work with my trainer and make sure I'm good to go before he gives me another case. I can understand that but it's annoying. It was Saturday morning around 8AM and I'm deciding now is the time to call this guy about meeting up to train.

I dial the number Asher gave me and wait. "Hello?" I female voice answers. "Um I'm looking for Sam?" I tell her confused. "Yeah. One second. Sam!" The woman yells. After a minute a new voice is on the phone. "Hello?" The man asks. His voice is deep and I can feel the authority of his voice through the phone.

"Yeah this is Cali. Asher told me to call you about training" I tell him. "Yeah. He told me he was wanting you to heal first?" He tells me confused. "Yeah. I'm all healed up now. Doc cleared me to train" I tell him. "Alright. If you want you can come down now and we can start on some stuff" He tells me as I hear talking in the background.

"No problem. I'll be there in 20" I tell him before hanging up. I get changed into some work out clothes. I let Bella know I'm going to train before leaving. She always came up with random excuses on where I was if dad ever asked. I got in my car driving off towards La Push where Sam lived at. I found his house and parked.

I walked up to the door and knocked. The door opened and I was faced with a woman with 3 scars down the side of her face. "Hi. You must be Cali?" She says. "Yeah. I'm here for some training." I smile at her. "Of course. Come on in. Sam just went upstairs so he'll be right down" She tells me as she ushers me inside.

I nod and walk into the kitchen with her. "So Cali, how long have you been in the agency?" She asks me. I was confused on how she knew but she must be married to Sam so she knows. "Oh uh 5 years. I'm the top agent in the agency." I tell her and she nods stirring something. "That's impressive. Your only... 17?" She guesses and I nod.

"Yupp. Asher basically took me under his wing when I joined because of how young I was. He's like a dad to me. Or an annoying older brother" I say as we both laugh. Someone enters the kitchen and I turn seeing a buff tan dude. "You must be Cali. I'm Sam" He tells me. I nod at him. "That is me. So what are we doing" I ask him.

"Lets go outside and see what you can do. Asher spoke very highly of you" He tells me. I nod following him outside into their backyard that was surrounded by trees. We started slowly so he could see my reflexes before we actually started fighting and swinging on each other. As we were fighting I could hear voices but I was to zoned in.

Out of nowhere I'm tackled to the ground and I immediately maneuver and shove the guy off me. I jump up seeing more of them jump at me. They're obviously wolves like Sam for their speed and strength but I keep up easily. As I pin one to the ground and yank his arm backwards I kick another one away before Sams voice booms over the chaos.

"STAND DOWN" He yells at the top of his lungs. All of them stop except the one I have pinned. "Do you want a broken fucking arm?!" I scream at him. "No you crazy-" Hes cut off by Sam again. "Paul that's enough" He snaps. I shove him into the ground as I release him. He jumps up sending me a harsh glare.

"She is not a threat." Sam tells all of them. "She was fighting you Sam. Like hard core" One guy butts in. "Hes my trainer! Holy shit you guys are stupid!" I yell annoyed. "Easy Cali" Sam nags me. "You just met me don't think I'll bend and break to your alpha bullshit" I snap at him. "Woah she knows? What the hell?" The Paul guy says angrily.

"I know a lot of things dumb shit" I hiss at him. "Cali how do you know?" Sam asks curiously. "I'm in the..." I pause giving Sam a curious look. He seems to catch my question and nods yes. "I'm in the agency. You do know who Ashers most trusted doctor is right?" I ask. "So you know the Cullens?" Sam asks curiously. "Yeah. I'm pretty damn close with them" I say softly.

"How do they know about the agency?" I ask Sam. "We-" I cut the guy off. "Is your name Sam? Didn't fucking think so" I snap before looking back at Sam. "Asher likes to pull them for assignments when he knows strength is needed." Sam explains. "Well they've never been on mine. Oh wait. That's cause I don't need the help" I smirk.

"How do you not need help?" One of them asks confused. "It's called seducing the target sunshine" I laugh. "What if the target is a girl?" He asks. "Who said I swing one way?" I smirk as all their jaws drop. I burst into a fit of laughter at them. "No. I swing one way. But if it's mission essential I will do what I need" I explain.

After about another hour of training with Sam he tells me we're done for the day. As we were talking about when to meet next my phone rings. "Sorry" I tell him as I answer it. "Yeah?" I answer. "Cali where are you? Alice can't see you in her visions. Somethings blocking her out." Jaspers worried voice rings in my ears.

"Jazz I'm fine. I'm over with my trainer. I was about to head home" I tell him and I hear a sigh of relief. "I'll meet you there" He tells me before hanging up. I roll my eyes putting my phone up. "Anyways, we can meet up 3 times a week if you like? Do different things to help you get better in all categories you might need to use?" HE offers.

"That sounds great. Let me know when next session is." I tell him. I wave to the boys before going to my car. I drive back home and tense up seeing a car from back home. How I know? It's one of their police cars. I get out and hear Jasper behind me. "Cali what's wrong?" He asks walking up next to me.

"Somethings wrong" I mumble and run to the door. I rush inside and see dad and Bella in the living room with an officer. I see who it is and smile weakly. "Officer Mason. Why are you here?" I ask cutting to the chase. "There's been some issues with your mom at the rehab facility... I  knew hearing it in person from someone you trust is better than over the phone" He tells me.

"What's wrong with my mother?" I ask glancing at Charlie to see he has bloodshot eyes. "Well... She's been resisting treatment and help since she got there. They think she went crazy because of her withdraw" He tells me as he looks up at me from his spot on the couch. "Get to the fucking point! What is wrong with my mother?!" I snap at him.

"Late last night, your mother managed to get out of her room and break into one of the rooms at the facility. The one that holds the medicine. And she took a big mixture of them" He says softly. He knew, that I knew where he was going with it but I Needed to hear it. Hear him say it. "Say it." I say with a shaky voice. I wouldn't believe it until someone said it out loud.

He hesitates before speaking again. "Your mother committed suicide last night." He says in a tight voice. As soon as the words fall from his lips I drop to the ground as tears roll down my cheeks. Jaspers arms grab me and lower me to the ground as he drops with me. I clutch the jacket hes wearing in my hand as I cry into his chest.

He doesn't even try to calm me down and I'm grateful he doesn't.  I can hear Officer Mason apologize again before he gets up and leaves. "Bella why don't you show him up to Calis room?" I hear dad say quietly. My crying doesn't let up as I feel Jasper pick me up and walk upstairs with Bella. Once we're in my room he sits me on my bed and goes to leave.

"Don't leave me. Please" I beg as I grab his arm as tight as I could. He sighs but lays down next to me anyways and craddles me against his chest. I hear my door shut but pay no mind. Jasper does nothing but hold me and runs his fingers through my hair slowly, ocassionally kissing my head. I'm not sure how long it was but I finally felt myself fall asleep.