05- Story Time

So it had been a week since I got shot and Carlisle had to fix me. Of course I never let Bella know I was hurt no matter how much she squeezed when she hugged me. Bella was getting curious about the Cullens and their secret. I knew she was. Today she begged me to go dress shopping with her and her friends. Angela was sweet and I liked her. Jessica... just no.

Bella sat on the window seat of the store as the 2 tried on dresses. I browsed through them seeming interested. Really I knew Bella wanted to leave. She told me about this book store she wanted to go to. That's the only reason she came with them. And she begged me to come with her so here I am being a good sister.

"Bella, what about this one?" I hear Jessica ask. "Yeah it looks great" She replies absentmindedly. "You've said that about the last 4 dresses. Are you sure you wanna do this?" Angela asks her. "Actually there's a bookstore she wants to swing by before dinner. She didn't want to completely bail on you guys" I explain to them simply.

"Bella that's fine. Just meet us at the restaurant when your done" Angela smile. "Thanks guys" She smiles. Just as we go to leave a group of guys walks by knocking on the window whistling. "That's disturbing" Bella mumbles awkwardly. "We will be done in no time so we'll meet you there. By the way Jess, that dress makes your tits look good" I laugh pulling Bella out of the store.

"That was even more disturbing" Bella laughs. "Now she won't complain about us leaving. She'll be focused on her boobs" I snort. "You really don't like Jess do you?" She asks. "No. She's to preppy and judgmental." I say as we walk down the road. She nods at my words and we finish our walk in a comfortable silence.

Once we get to the bookstore she goes to look for her book while I aimlessly roam around. After a while I hear Bella calling for me saying she found what she was looking for. I meet her at the front of the store and step out. My phone rings making me groan. "It's a friend from where I used to live. Do you mind?" I ask her. "Go ahead. I'll wait down here" She smiles walking down the stairs.

"Asher now is not a good time" I answer. "I'm just letting you know I found you a trainer to help keep you in shape. I can send you a text with the details. Call him whenever" He explains. As I go to answer I see a few guys surrounding Bella. "Thanks Asher I really need to go now. Bye" I rush hanging up. I tuck my phone away and run to my sister.

I easily slide into the middle of the group blocking Bella. "Oh look there's another one" One of them laughs drunkenly. He goes to grab at me and I easily grab his hand and twist it and pin it behind his back. "You touch me, you loose a hand" I hiss in his ear before I kick him away from me. "You little bitch" One of his friends yell at me.

"Bella get back." I tell her as they come towards me. She stumbles back away from me and I lash out on them. As one comes at me I kick my foot at him. As he grabs my foot I jump spinning myself and kick him in the head making him release me right away. I land stealthily and fight off the other 2. As I kick another to the ground Edwards Volvo whips around the corner.

"Bella get in the car!" I yell at her. She wastes no time in running to the car climbing in. I kick them all down again and Edward drags me to the car pushing me into the backseat. I drop onto the backseat and groan in pain. "Cali! What's wrong?" Bella asks worried as she turns back to me. I reach up feeling my shoulder and curse when I pull my fingers back with blood on them.

"Your bleeding Cali! We need to take you to a hospital" She rushes. "No!" I yell as Edward gets in speeding off. "Edward we have an issue" I say as I pull of my jacket holding it to my shoulder. "Cali what did you do?" He asks glancing at me. His eyes lock on my jacket and he curses. "Damn it Cali! You ripped your stitches didn't you?!" He yells at me.

"Yeah. Gimme your phone" I tell him reaching out. His phone appears in my hand and I call Carlisle. "Edward, where did you run off to so suddenly?" Carlisle answers. "Carlisle it's Cali" I tell him. "Cali? What's wrong?" He asks worried. "Edwards bringing my by the house. My stitches ripped" I say groaning when we hit a pot hole.

"How long?" He asks. "Maybe 2 minutes with his speed" I tell him. He okays it before hanging up. I hand back the phone and Bella spoke up. "What the hell is going on? Cali what do you have stitches for?" She asks worried. "I can explain later but you can't tell dad about this. Any of it" I rush looking at her. She's watching me worried but nods anyways.

Edward drops  me off at their house and Jasper runs out the door helping me inside as Edward speeds off to take my sister home. "You know you aren't supposed to be doing anything crazy" Jasper nags me as he carries me inside running upstairs. Carlisle gets to work immediately on stitching it back up.

Once he's done Jasper carries me downstairs sitting me on the couch. "What happened?" Carlisle asks me. "Some guys were trying to grope Bella. So I jumped in and kicked their asses." I tell them simply. "Well it will be another 2 weeks for that to properly heal up. You better let Asher know." He tells me before Jasper swoops me up once again walking to the car.

I call Asher on our way to my house. "Cali... what's wrong? You don't usually call me." Asher answers worried. "Well... I may have sorta kinda ripped my stitches. Carlisle redid them already and said it'd be another 2 weeks before it's healed right." I tell him. "What the hell did you do?" HE asks sternly. "Some weirdos were groping my sister so I kicked their asses" I shrug then wince.

"Shit Cali..." He mumbles. "Asher I need to tell her." I say nervously. "No. Absolutely not" He answers. "Asher, she saw me fight, she knows I have stitches. Either I tell her or she finds out the hard way and hates me. I have to tell her" I argue back at him. He sighs angrily on his end of the phone. "She's the only one I'm allowing you to tell" He says before hanging up.

"I think I made him mad" I smile at Jasper. "What you did was wreck less. You could have made it worse." Jasper frowns at me. "It was to save my sister. I'd risk everything for her" I tell him. "Promise me not to rip your stitches anymore in the next 2 weeks. You need to heal Cali." He says as we park in front of my house.

"I promise I won't rip them.... on purpose" I mumble and he gives me a glare. "I'm joking Jazz" I giggle and lean over kissing his cheek. "Come in when I'm done with story time?" I smile. "Of course Cali-Bear" He smiles at me. I giggle at the nickname he gave me when we first met. "See you later Jazz" I smile before getting out.

As I walk inside Bella walks out of the living room. "Are you okay?" She asks sniffling. "Of course I'm okay" I frown and hug her. We go and sit in the living room on the couch and she tells me dad has the late shift. "Okay what I'm about to tell you, you can't tell ANYONE. Not even dad. The Cullens know obviously, but you can't tell anyone" I tell her and she nods quickly.

"I'm lucky I can tell you about this. My boss was not happy that I wanted to tell you, but I've learned a lot about you in the last few weeks and I know you'd look deeper into it and find out." I chuckle at her. "So, this story starts 5 years ago. I was 12 at the time and I was kinda rebelling against my mom for no reason. I was getting into petty fights at school." I chuckle at the memory.

"So, I met Asher one day when I was pissed off at... I don't know what. He had seen me fight before and thought I'd be a good addition to the agency. Of course he let me tell my mom about it since she was my parent. But that was it. So I started training real hard and after 3 months I finally got my first case. And from there I worked my way to the top" I smile.

"I'm one of the top agents in the agency. We do all kinds of assignments. From luring the... bad guys... to keep it simple. We lure them out. We trap them. And in some cases we just have to kill them." I say and she gasps. "Before you ask, yes I've had to do it. One of my first cases I had to." I say softly. "So from then on I rose to the top. I met the Cullens through the agency. Carlisle was one of the only doctors Asher trusted and I got hurt. That's how I met them" I explain.

"So you work in an agency. Kinda like the FBI but more bad ass?" Bella questions. I giggle at her description but nod. "Totally how I'd word it" I smile. "I promise I won't tell anyone. Can you tell me about the Cullens?" She asks. "Nope. Your getting close Bells. I'll tell you that. But aside from that, it's not my secret to tell." I tell her. She sighs but nods.

"I'm going to lay down now. Night" I tell her heading to my room. I walk in shutting the door and turn back to see Jasper laying on my bed. I grin at him and walk into my closet and change before I walk out. I walk over and climb onto the bed letting myself lay completely on Jasper. His arms wrap around me lightly and I smile into his chest. "I'll never let you get hurt on my watch again" He whispers as I fall asleep on his chest.