Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Six months later.

Andrew glanced at his beautiful bride.  They had just left the reception, and were on their way to the airport.  She was wearing a floral dress, her hair loose and flowing, just as he liked it.  He couldn’t believe she was actually his now.  His chest filled with pride as he looked at her again.  She was going to be the mother of his children, this remarkable woman sitting next to him.

She took his and, squeezing it.

“So, Dr Cash, where will you be taking me for our honeymoon?”

He laughed, the expression on his face was free and young, much the same as her own.

“Well, Mrs Cash, it’s still a surprise.  We should be there in about three hours.”

Abi looked excited, her eyes sparkling.

“Oooh, I can’t wait!”

He looked at her again, a naughty expression on his face.

“Believe me sweetheart, I can’t wait either.”

She blushed, a little giggle escaping her.  She leaned in towards him, whispering in his ear:

“Promise you won’t stop this time?”

***

Abi was very quiet the whole trip from the airport.  She was staring out of the window, shadows in her eyes.  Andrew also kept quiet, knowing what must be going on inside her.  He knew this was going to be a shock to her, he knew she was going to be upset with him, but he also knew he had to do this. 

He parked the car next to a lonely bungalow, looking at Abi.

“We’re here little one.”

She turned to him, her face pale.  Only nodding, she opened the car door.  They were surrounded by darkness and stars, but all Abi could hear was the thundering sound of the waves crashing only a few feet away from her.  She followed Andrew as he unlocked the front door.  Her emotions were in turmoil.  Did he forget how she hated the sound of the waves?  Of what it reminded her?  How was she going to relax?  It wasn’t Port Shepstone, but still.

He turned on the lights, and she couldn’t help but be impressed.  It was a cosy little beach house, decorated with the bare necessities.  As hard as Abi tried to look excited, the thundering waves was all she could hear.  Andrew turned to her, scooping her up into his arms.  He locked the door behind him, and slowly walked with her towards the bedroom.  The room was dark, but the windows were wide open, the moonlight spilling in.  Outside the sea was majestic, endless. It was a beautiful view, and against her will, it took Abi’s breath away.  Andrew softly placed her on the bed, as if she was delicate china, and sat down next to her.

“I know this is upsetting.”  He looked at her face, softly caressing her shoulder.  She didn’t answer him, just stared at him.

“This is my wedding gift to you Abi.  It is our little beach house, and you can make it as beautiful as you like.  We can come back here every year, to relive our honeymoon.”

She was still very quiet.  He bent down and placed a kiss on her lips.

“This is the last step Abi.  I know you hate the sound of the waves, but tonight I will show you what love really is.  How a man should treat a woman.  You will no longer associate the waves with hurt and pain, but with us.”

She was crying.  Andrew could feel his heart cramp for her.  He kissed away the salty tears on her cheeks, hoping his plan won’t backfire.  Maybe this was too much to expect of her, maybe he made a colossal mistake.  Suddenly her lips met his, and she kissed him with everything she had.  It took his breath away.  She pulled him down so he lay next to her, and their eyes met.

“I love you.”

It was all she needed to say.  Abi said so much more than just the three words.  She was alright; she was ready for anything as long as he was with her.  

  He momentarily closed his eyes, relief visible on his face.

“I love you too.”

She pulled his head down, promise in her eyes.  She had abandoned all fear and reservations; she was ready to be his.  Andrew could feel all control leave him, and with the sound of the waves all they could hear, Andrew kissed his Tinkerbell.

The End.

 **So, my story has ended.  I loved writing each page, and I am actually sad for it to end!  Thank so much for all your feedback, I did take some of your comments to heart when I wrote.  If you liked it, please let me know, and please vote.  Hope the ending satisfy you all!!  Thanks again for reading it.  =)**