Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Louise was leaning against a wall when Abi finally got out of the class room. Her blond hair was in a short pony tail.  

"Jeez Abs, take your time much?"  

"Sorry L...I had to cool down. You won't believe what I did." Louise gave a grin.  

"Let me guess. You called our very delicious lecturer Captain Hook to his face." Abi turned red. It even sounded ridiculous coming from someone else's mouth. She gave a groan, stringing her free hand through her hair.  

"You don't understand Doll! He started it, and he never said he was a lecturer. I just assumed that he was a student too. A very upfront student, might I add." Louise giggled. 

"And what about the flip a coin comment?" 

"Aw, i flipped a coin to see if i was going into class or skipping...he saw and ruined it anyway." Louise doubled over, laughing so hard they had to stop.  

"Wow Abi! You are awesome! No, priceless. Flipping a coin, loving it."  

"You know i do it, stop laughing! There's been enough at my expense all ready..." Abi tried to sound sore, but a giggle escaped her too. Come to think of it, it was kinda hilarious.  

"Oh, and I told him to basically be screwed."  

"WHAT!" Tears streamed down Louise's face. Abi shrugged her shoulders. 

"Yep, thought you'd enjoy that too." 

It took a while for Louise to regain self control. Stopping at the cafeteria, they grabbed a coffee and found a place to sit. Both of them couldn't stop giggling, and sipped the hot coffee the times they managed to stop.  

"Okay, I'm seriously over it L." Abi sat back in her chair.  

"When is the next class?" 

"4th period. We've got an hour left of resting." Louise also sat back, scanning through the masses of people. She made a face.  

"Look at all the little people Abs. Just a year left before we enter the rat race. Colin says that i shouldn't wish for time to fly, but enjoy doing nothing for the last year. But since when have we been doing nothing? Since our first year we've been struggling!" She hit her fist against the table. 

" Serves us right for studying financial engineering. At least we get a shit load of moola! Even studying our asses off isn't that bad when you come to think of it." Abi only laughed at her friend's ranting. At least Louise had Colin, her boyfriend since their first year. He started work last year, and now their engaged,getting married when Louise finishes her degree. Abi, on the other hand, had a few dates, a few kisses and a whole lot of studying. She only had one chance; her mother couldn't afford a daughter failing classes.  

"Penny for your thoughts doll?" Louise looked at Abi curiously. She smiled, and Louise felt a pang of jealousy towards her best friend. She was beautiful. Her hair was think and long, and her features were classic. But what most blew you away were her eyes. Blue as the sky on a stormy day. With thick, black lashes. She sighed, and threw a piece of paper at Abi.  

"Let’s go you sexy bitch! Before the first year boys' at the table across us eyes fall out. You should be locked up!" She put an arm across Abi's shoulder. She giggled again. 

"Tinkerbell indeed!"

****

The day went by uneventful. Abi didn't see the obnoxious lecturer, and classes commenced as usual. After class the bunch of their friends decided to go for a drink, and they joined, laughing, dancing and enjoying the life of a student. Abi was sitting next to Mona, drinking her second cocktail when someone touched her arm. It was Matt, a burly guy with a big glass of beer. He was already a bit drink, and Abi instinctively pulled away from his touch.  

"Lets dance angel face" his beer breath made her sick. 

"Sorry Matt, I can't. Kinda in the middle of a chat." she turned to Mona, whose eyes where big under her glasses.  

"I'm sure Mona won't moan!" he gave a stupid laugh at his stupid word play. His wet hand was in Abi's hair. She was starting to feel irritated, knocked it away and stood up.  

"I said no you ogre. Now go be a drunk somewhere else." she gathered her things off the table, her night instantly spoiled.  

"You so stuck up, you little bitch. Just one dance, I promise after that you'll just be stuck...with my..." and then Abi slapped him across the head, barely reaching. It caugt Matt off guard, and he swayed a bit. A roar of laughter sounded up around them, and Abi said goodbye to her friends, ignoring Matt,who'se friends came to get him, and the comments they made. 

"You go Abs!" Louise gave her a hug.  

"Sleep tight, call me when you get home. See you tomorrow in class!" Abi greeted her friends, and as she left, she passed a table with two men, not noticing the bigger one's chocolate eyes following her. His hand was clenched into a fist, and anger made his attractive face look rock hard.  

"Don't worry, looks like she managed fine without you. She's a feisty one!" Mark gave a laugh. He had to do everything to keep his brother from attacking the big boy who was bothering the small girl. But turned out the small girl didn't need a rescuer.  

"He could have hurt her Mark." the dark man was stil livid.  

"I told you, there were enough people to do something if it was needed. Now calm down, I can’t let you get into a bar fight with one of your students. Anyway, did she really call you Captain Hook?" Mark was amazed at how his older brother's expression changed from killing mode to a grinning boy. Andrew was drawn to this girl, and Mark felt a bit of sympathy towards the man who tries to harm her. Because when the Cash men fell in love, they would put themselves in line for their women. And looked like Andrew was no exception.