{19} Winnie the Bear

~Leata~

I wake up, my face buried in a lean pillow which is breathing.

Wait, breathing?

I open my and come face to muscle with Blake's chest.

My eyes widen and I try to jump away.

But Blake's arms are wrapped tightly around my waist.

I look up at Blake's face which is peaceful. He looks a lot younger.

I reach up and move a piece of his light brown hair which is brushing his eyelid.

I reach down and gently try to pry his arms from my waist but to no avail, as he just holds on tighter.

I try a few more times before giving up and shutting my eyes, burying my face back in Blake's chest.

Might as well get a few more hours of beauty sleep.

*~*

I scrunch my nose as I feel a wetness on my cheek.

"Blake, you better not be licking me." I mumble but he doesn't answer.

I open my eyes and see a snout right in front of me.

My eyes slowly travel past the snout and I see a baby bear.

And I scream.

No, not one of those girly, high pitched screams.

Blake is suddenly up and pushing me behind him, his eyes darting around the tent for a sign of threat.

When his dark eyes focus on the bear, he turns to me with an eyebrow raised.

"It's just a baby bear, Amore."

"Yes, Blake, a baby bear!" I wave my hands around. "Which means it's giant, person-eating mother is somewhere nearby!"

Just then, my brothers scramble into the tent.

Ryder with no shirt and his jeans unzipped.

...and Tyler with no pants.

"What happened?! Who died?!" Tyler looks around frantically before his eyes focus on the bear. "Oh, I see you've met Winnie the Bear."

"Winnie the--Tyler, where did you get this bear cub?!" Ryder cuts himself off.

"Well, after everyone went to bed, I had to pee. So I went a bit deeper into the woods and did my business. When I was done, I heard whimpers, so I walked even deeper into the woods and found this little guy." Tyler explains, picking Winnie up, hugging him.

"Are you loco?!" I exclaim. "Bears maul stupid-people-who-get-their cars-stolen-by-fat-guys-named-Bosco to death!"

"He wouldn't do that. Winnie's a sweetheart!" Tyler shoves Winnie in my face, who licks my face.

"Okay, is this thing half dog?" I question rhetorically as Winnie finishes slobbering up my face.

Blake pushes Tyler's hands, along with Winnie, away from me.

"Here, use this to wipe that bear slobber off your face." Blake hands me his t-shirt.

Ryder turns to Tyler. "Ty, Lee's right. This thing will maul us all to death."

"Winnie's harmless!" Tyler defends Winnie, hugging him to his chest.

"Winnie's a bear." Blake emphasises.

"He's harmless!" Tyler also emphasises.

"He will maul us all." Ryder and I emphasise in unison.

"Ty, go put him back where you found him." Blake orders.

"What is he? A candy bar at a grocery store that your parents won't let you get?" Tyler scoffs sarcastically. "No."

"Tyler, go put Winnie back before his mother notices that her baby's missing!" Ryder shouts at our brother.

Suddenly, a loud, ear-shattering roar ripples through the woods.

I gulp. "I think momma bear noticed that her baby's missing."