Pertemis *Part 2*

When I reached Artemis in her temple, she didn't even acknowledge the fact that I was there. But, gently I placed my hand on her shoulder and spoke. "Artemis."
"Yes." she replied continuing to do whatever she was doing.
"Artemis are you okay?" I spoke. She tensed and stood up locking the door.
"We need to talk." I nodded for I agreed.

"Go on." I spoke, my heart hammering in my chest.
"Percy about the past few days..." she hesitated. "I'm sorry I wasn't there but I don't understand, I know your loyal but why do you always look as though you've failed when someone get hurt?" she spoke curiously.
"Because I've made promises; to Bianca, Zeus, Hades, Luke, Apollo and everyone else. I have to protect those who I made promises to." I spoke, knowing what I said didn't quite sound right.
"But who protects you?"
"No one, I don't need protecting." I spoke.

Her face contorted into one of sadness and then anger. "Bull shit Percy everyone should have someone to protect them!" I sighed "I'm fine I have survived pretty well on my own!"
"You've had help, that protecting you isn't it?!" she snapped.
"Artemis anyone close to me gets hurt that's why I promise to protect you guys, besides it's not as if I asked for your help!" I snapped towards the end. She looked wounded and I sighed as the anger fled from me.

"Artemis I am sorry okay, but I don't need to be protected."
"but what happens if something happens to you, I couldn't..."
"Artemis it's not me you should be worrying about." I spoke. She didn't listen and eventually the argument escalated, causing her to storm out.

Artemis' Pov:

When I stormed out guilt consumed me, I don't know why I said these things, I didn't even know why I opened my massive fat gob in the first place. I sighed and walked to the dark abandoned throne room, it was night so most people would be asleep by now...A cold breeze entered and so did a dark chuckle.
"I can see this is going to be difficult." The voice was amused, still light and friendly. "Why don't you walk into another room now so your face doesn't ruin everything? There's no reason for Percy to suffer."

"Why are you doing this Annabeth?" my voice pleaded. I walked very slowly to my throne, feeling stare on my back. Terror that gripped my brain.

"now, are you alone, no one will look for you, will they? Just answer yes or no." She spoke, still hidden in the shadows.

"Yes."

"But they can still find you, I'm sure."

"Yes."

"All right, then," the agreeable voice continued, "say, Percy, trust me.'"

"Percy, trust me."

"This worked out rather better than I expected. I was prepared to wait, but your boyfriend arrived ahead of schedule. It's easier this way, isn't it? Less suspense, less anxiety for you."

I waited, not saying anything as my fear built up for Percy.

"Now I want you to listen very carefully. I'm going to need you to silence this whole room; do you think you can do that? Answer yes or no."

"No."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping you would be a little more creative than that. Do you think you could silence this room if your Percy's life depended on it? Answer yes or no."

"Yes."

"That's better. I'm sure it won't be easy, but if I get the slightest hint that you have any company, well, that would be very bad for your Percy," the not so friendly voice of Annabeth promised. "You must know enough about us by now to realize how quickly I would know if you tried to communicate to anyone. And how little time I would need to deal with your Percy if that was the case. Do you understand? Answer yes or no."