Mack Attack

"It's a rushed production, not the beat I rushed it out the studio and hit the streets..."-Too $hort

Rollo November 1990"Girl what you to talking bout" I asked, Zaria was on the phone ranting and raving about some remix that I had no clue about and how it was supposed to become our second single, but what I couldn't figure out was what did Milli ...

Rollo November 1990
"Girl what you to talking bout" I asked, Zaria was on the phone ranting and raving about some remix that I had no clue about and how it was supposed to become our second single, but what I couldn't figure out was what did Milli Vanilli have anything to do with this, I hope Lamont didn't give her a fucking concussion cause i swear I'll shoot my brother if I have to . "Z I'll talk to you later when I see you alright" "ok" she said and then I hung up the studio phone, Al and I were in the studio mixing yet another version of Jodeci's album trying to tweak it so that we could send it in. I turned around to ask and asked "Yo Al what do you know about this 'remix' second single for my group." Al shrugged "I heard something about that around the office but I'm not involved in y'all production so I wouldn't know about all of that." I was confused Andre was going to far now I mean I like sampling and experimenting because that's what I do but now you not only having other people make our beats your making remixes and singles without me, the dj and producer of our singles, as a consultant I didn't like that at all.

"Yo Al I gotta go see Zaria cause something ain't adding up." I said getting up snatching  my coat off the chair. I ran down stairs onto the street which was unbelievably cold, I slipped on my coat and walked to Uptown's headquarters which was about seven blocks away from the studio we were working at. When I got to the office I was nearly frost bitten damn it was cold outside,but I needed to talk to Zaria, "Rollo!" I heard Zarias voice coming from her truck, I turned around she looked different, her hair was cut shorter and it was straight in a bob, "Zaria you got you hair cut!" She smacked her lips as I got into the front seat of her ride, "it's apart of my 'transformation' that Gavin is putting me through." She said rolling her eyes "Well it's bomb, but how come they spending more time with your ass than us?" I said seriously questioning, I mean i didn't need a stylist at least I don't think, but how y'all paying attention to one member of the entire group that doesn't make any sense.

"Yeah I don't know either, come on let's go for a ride real quick I called Jeri and he's in Jersey with his daughter." She said, "aye first take me to this bodega on Amsterdam's real quick, I'll guide you." I said she agreed, the bodega I was going to wasn't actually a real bodega you see it was a front for drugs but they still sold like regular shit cause I mean why not, after your high ends you gon be hungry as fuck. Zaria drove to the place and I got out and went inside, it was about ten or so people roaming around the hole in the wall ass joint, I brought my weed but I wanted some snacks so I started roaming the aisles when all of a sudden I heard some shit that had me allllllllll the way fucked up yo.

"POLICE, POLICE EVERYBODY ON THE GROUND NOW!" From above the shelves I could see some black white and Latino cops in swat type gear with vests and shot guns, all I could do was duck down and say a quick prayer while the cops started busting up patrons and rounding them up. While I was crouching down I could see that the storage room door was open and that you could see the outside from where I was crouching, I didn't want to make any noise though, but I ain't going to no jail because of some little weed hell to the no.

I started making my way to the door while I could hear pleads in the back ground and the police knocking shit off the shelves, when I got to the edge of the storage door I took the fuck off, I ran outside into the alley and around the corner, Zaria was still in front of the Bodega but the police cars were no where insight, something wasn't right.

I ran to her car and I could tell she saw me cause she started up the car and drove towards me, I jumped on her car, "DRIVE DRIVE" she sped off, "wtf happened back there?" She asked as we got out of there, I sighed with relief and laughed, "you don't want to know Z you don't want to know." We got out of there fast as fuck, but I knew that wasn't no fucking police thing that was a fucking robbery. Shiit I almost got caught in some bullshit when I'm supposed to be sitting in the studio mixing Jodeci's album. I rolled up one of my famous joints and lit it while we drove to Jersey to go to Jeris house so that we could get down to what the Hell is happening.

We pulled up to Aunt Goldie's house, I sprayed some cologne on and popped some gum in my mouth to get rid of the weed smell and got up out the car and went inside.
"So whats going on again? oh yeah like the haircut Zaria it's a good look" Jeri asked, "basically Uptown was supposed to do a remix of one of our songs as a single, but cancelled because of the Milli Vanilli mess, but that's not the point they're doing things behind our back without us having any knowledge of it." Jeri looked at Zaria with skepticism "anddd how do we know this?" Jeri asked, Zaria huffed and rolled his eyes "Because Puff slipped and told me after my beauty sessions this morning." Jeris whole look changed "well damn what we gon do about it." I stood up "well I say we go down and have a talk with Andre." I said, "I agree." Zaria sat silently we both looked at her. "What y'all want me to do?" She said looking at us, "Zaria that's yo uncle you better fuckin talk to him." Jeri said in his hood voice, "Zaria looked at him and sighed "alright damn alright." "Shit what we really need is a manager." I said, "I told y'all I got this" Zaria said.

When we got to the office it was calm, we walked in their and demanded that we see Andre, Puff was there too after he heard Jeri telling the receptionist to make sure that Andre wasn't in any meetings. "Yo he's not let's go." Puff said.

"Hey hey, Zaria, Rollo, Jeri, how can I help you guys?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"Yo we need to talk about this behind the scenes BS and how we aren't being informed about what's going on with our own projects" Zarias voice boomed through her Uncles office, dag Zaria was really taking a stand finally...