Cleopatra Jones

2hrs earlier- Zaria"Hey um, tell Rollo I called him twice and have him call me back alright peace" I said leaving the second message today for Rollo, he should have been off work by now and at home but he wasn't and Lamont wasn't making it easier ...

2hrs earlier- Zaria
"Hey um, tell Rollo I called him twice and have him call me back alright peace" I said leaving the second message today for Rollo, he should have been off work by now and at home but he wasn't and Lamont wasn't making it easier because he would try to start conversation with me each time I called, God why can't he go back to Syracuse.

I hung up my rooms personal phone and continued listening to some demo tapes some producers sent me. I was finally a free woman, 18 years old with my own car, and a boatload of money (yep I got my parents to sign over the truck to me). Also a whole lotta producers are on my back trying to get me to write to their shit, honestly this is what I've been dreaming of, finally somebody recognizing my talents, but here's the catch my parents found out about what I do to get money and they haven't been pretty happy about it, actually my dad was ecstatic, but Mom and Grey had a whole issue with me rapping but to be honest who gives a fuck it's my life I'll do whatever the hell I want to do, but I have to keep it under raps because I'm still under their sacred roof.

Currently I was sitting in my comfy little room (for the time being), listening to the demos, and scoping out apartments in the news paper.

I was ready to move, my room however comfy it may have been wasn't cutting it and it took the edge off of telling my parents about my decision about furthering my education which I know they won't be happy about. I felt hungry so I went down stairs to fix myself a turkey sandwich, around the time I was finishing my master piece my mother came in from her regular morning jog with her sweaty workout clothes on and her Walkman singing it's raining men faintly showing off her vocals, (something I forgot to tell you guys, my mom was a back up singer before I was born and was in a group that's how she met my dad). "Oh hey Zari."

I waved at her while taking a bite out of this sandwich which tasted like the Father the Son and the Holy Ghost yass lawd Shabbbbbbba, I know that sounds crazy but think I love food a little bit too much, thank God I don't gain major weight from eating crazily.

"Oh I almost forgot I got some college pamphlets from upstate, I'd really hope you consider going to college and stop waisting your talents on this rap thing" she's my mother so I couldn't do the first thing I thought about doing but I did the second thing, "mom rapping is art, and i am an artist, so why can't you let me be creative," I said saying the same thing I say every time they bring it up, also casually rolling my eyes which she caught.

"Roll your eyes at me again, I'll make sure they stay back there, just cause you eighteen don't mean nothing yo ass can still catch these hands" she said pointing her finger in my face, damn I forgot how mean she can get.

"Anyway, what you going to do huh, you can't be an artist for the rest of your life, you have to get a job like a normal person because not everyone makes it as an artist, take a lesson from me the business is wild girls get chewed up and spit out like that ." She snapped her fingers.