Love is a battlefield

"We are young, heartache to heartache we stand, no promises no demands love is a battlefield" - Pat Benetar chorus to love is a battlefield.

It had been a few days since I saw Lamont and another unknown person robbing the liquor store in the Bronx, I had tried to avoid Lamont and even Rollo, I even stopped going by Rollo's house to listen to beats or to go watch movies on the weekends ...

It had been a few days since I saw Lamont and another unknown person robbing the liquor store in the Bronx, I had tried to avoid Lamont and even Rollo, I even stopped going by Rollo's house to listen to beats or to go watch movies on the weekends while Lamont's friends played dominos and smoked joints. I just stopped going completely, I even stopped going to my uncles label just in case I saw him. I felt bad for telling him, because he didn't believe me, he never did really, if I told him that Lamont had hit me he'd think I was exaggerating the situation even though he knew Lamont had anger issues, he broke his arm for gods sake.

We had dropped Mary off at her home and was heading back to Manhattan when I told him about what I saw. "I don't believe it he was just probably there at the wrong time" he said nonchalantly, I knew that I shouldn't argue so I kept my mouth shut and dropped him off, that was the last time we spoke.

Since being around the Label and hanging at Rollo's house was mostly my life this summer, I decided to listen to the tapes that were sent into the mail for me, check out colleges in the New York City (yeah I decided to give it a try since my mom and Grey kept pestering me.)

The only person I hung out with was Mary but she was always in the studio working on back up vocals, and I didn't want to run into Rollo who I had heard was now helping managing artists at Uptown with Puffy after the group Jodeci was signed so that placed him at recording sessions more than it had before. To be totally honest I wasn't in the mood to talk to him, I really was in the mood to talk to Lamont about getting help because even though he put me through so much shit, I still felt for him.

So on a late July day I woke up and waited until Mom and Grey went to work, I picked out a white dress that my mother had brought recently, she never really wore dresses because she mostly worked, but my mom is a total shopaholic who likes buying the latest fashions, and since we were the same size you catch my drift.

There was no way I would convince this boy anything in a baseball jersey with some sweatpants, I had to do my self up look like the baddest bitch that I is. And with a fresh new haircut and curls I was going to seduce the man. Hell of could get a deal this way I would be the next Whitney Houston but I ain't a singer.