Chapter 1 | Wild Night

Friday, 07:57 am

I woke up by the sound of a knock on the door. It's mum. She peaks her head out behind the door and looks over at me with a confused look.

"Aren't you supposed to be on your way to school" She asks with her calm and soft voice.

I let out a sigh as I slowly get up or more like drag myself out of my soft, warm, comfortable bed. I let out a yawn as I stay sitting up, stretching my arms out towards the ceiling. I then pick up my phone that's under my pillow to check the time.

Shit, I'm late.

It's 8 am and school starts in half an over. Great. I breathe in as I glance around the dark room for a moment, feeling a bit angered that I have to wake up. It takes me a few seconds to realize that I'm super late. So I just roll my eyes, just like mum, and flop back on my bed. But then realization hits me like a truck..

I quickly get out of bed and make my way speedily to the closet. I glance around the room, trying to gather my sleepy thoughts together. I turn on the lamp in my closet. Ew, light. I let out a grumble as I try to pick an outfit, trying to let my eyes get used to the sudden bright light. I pull out some dark blue skinny jeans and a black long sleeved shirt.

Today is the first day back from Christmas break or.. it's my first day. Everyone else started at monday and it's friday today.. The reason why I'm starting today is because I've been to New York with my mum. If I'm being honest, I'm not looking forward to coming back. Although, I don't think many people would've been to fond of coming back from being in a fancy hotel in New york, watching Netflix in a warm bed most of the days. I for sure can't be the only disappointed.

I quickly made my way down the stairs towards the kitchen to grab an apple for breakfast. I then head towards my new white SUV that mum bought me. That's so fancy you may think? Um.. yeah TOO fancy! I'm really trying to not appear as a snobby rich girl, but mum makes it really difficult.

And to make the day even worse,of course the traffic is really bad. Probably because  it's rush hour.. I'm trying to ninja my way through the traffic and 10 minutes later I arrive at school.

I check the time once again. Great, only 5 minutes late I thought as I let out a sigh of relief.

I walk into school and towards my locker. I unlock it with a click and throw some items that I don't need.

I make my way to first period which is math. Ew. I let out a sigh as I open the door to the class room. Everyone's staring at me, but I don't mind, I'm used to it since mum is a celebrity. I slowly walk to my seat which is in the back of the classroom. 

***

Lunch time.. 11:24 am

"My parents left for Paris last night which means a free house" my friend Ben says and gives us all a smirk.

"Oh so you're going to throw a party?" Becca asks as she puts her sunglasses on.

"Obviously!" He laughs.

"What time does it start? I've to convince my mom to let my go" I say as I roll my eyes.

"Hannah just tell your mum that you're staying at my house!" Amy says as she gives me a friendly push on the arm.

"Oh yeah because mum's totally going to believe that" I reply with a sarcastic tone.

"Just ask her!" Amy says as she gives me another push on the arm.