Thirty-Four

Ayesha's Pov
It's been almost a month since I last seen Stephen. The day I thought my entire world came to an end..

When I left Stephen house I called my aunt Bell to come to the hospital with me. She eventually showed up with a sleeping Riley, but when she saw me she almost freaked out. She knew exactly what I was going through. I got checked up by the doctors and they had told me that what I thought was a miscarriage was not. It's what they call a false miscarriage. They told me that more women go through this and some are misdiagnosed which means some women actually take their child's life by accident. I am extremely blessed to have such amazing doctors.

I'm about two months pregnant now, almost three. I've been crashing at my aunt's house. Riley actually has to go to Sonya's house today, but before I take her I need to shoot a video for my YouTube Channel. I feel like it's been awhile.

I made pasta, but I actually made homemade bread for my video to go with our pasta.

The video didn't take me long at all. Quick and really really easy to do.

Me-Riley! *Yells* Lunch time.

Riley came riding in on her horse stick she has recently got.

Riley- Bread! Yum!

I chuckled at her. I fixed her and I a plate with water on the side and we sat and had us a nice little lunch and a nice little girls chat.

After lunch, Riley and I walked upstairs and I took her a bath before getting her dressed in a navy blue dress with tiny white polka dots on it. I slipped on her some silver moccasins sneakers, and to finish it off. A jean jacket. I ended up putting her hair in a puff ball with a white bow.

Me- Awww look at my Riley! Go girl.

Riley giggled in the mirror. What type of mother would I be if I didn't hype my girl up.

Riley and I made our way out the house. I wasn't in nothing special. Just a black tank top, some black leggings, black Chanel flip flops, and a cardigan over myself. I was makeup less and my hair was in a ponytail. Exactly, nothing special at all.

I got her all buckled up and we made our way to Sonya's. Today's Wednesday so I think they are having family night. I was invited, but I just rather not.

We pulled into Sonya and Dell's driveway and sure thing, they definitely were having family night. I seen Sydel's car, Seth's car, and Stephen's vehicle.

Me- Come on RyRy..

I picked her up out of her seat and carried her up the stairs. I rung the doorbell and Riley and I played the waiting game. Within seconds, Sonya opened the door.

Sonya- Yesh! Rileybug!

Sonya hugged us both.

Riley- Hey grandma!

Sydel- Is that my sweetie pie of a niece and my roll dog!

I chuckled to myself.

Me- Hey Sonya and Sydel.

Sydel picked Riley up.

Sonya- Something tells me your not staying.

I nodded.

Sonya- Sydel take Riley inside. Give her some cookies.

Riley- Cookies!

Sydel- Yea you little Cookie Monster. *Smiles*

Sydel left but before she was out of sight she gave me a smile. She knows what happened. They all know. They all also know that I'm still pregnant.

Sonya stepped out the house and closed the door behind her.

Sonya- Take a seat.

We both sat down on a step.

Sonya- I know you're beyond hurt. Trust me I know.

I looked at her.

Sonya- Because if I was young like you, and going through this. I would be just like you.

Tears began to fill my eyes.

Me-.... I'm just tired of being hurt. Tired of crying. Tired of not knowing something, and looking dumb when I find out on my own.

Sonya- I completely understand that. Stephen hasn't been the best husband. But he has a genuine heart.

Me- I know.. but it's like I felt alone. He missed some of my appointments, and I knew where he was. It always lingered on my mind. My body couldn't take it.... this baby couldn't take it. In all honesty, I was suppose to lose this child that night. I'm grateful for another round. And I don't want to mess that up.

Sonya- And I'm sure Stephen feels the exact same.... are you going to tell him that it's not gone..

I shrugged.

Me- I don't know...

Sonya- You do know he told India what happened and she finally came cleaned that it's not his baby. That time she went to Compton to visit her family , she had relations with an old ex. She told Stephen she was sorry and that she just wished it was his. Boy, I've never seen him so mad.

I looked at Sonya.

Me- How is he now?

Sonya- He's trying to hold it all together... but I'm a mother. I know when something's wrong.... He was afraid Ayesha.. He didn't want this to happen.

She motioned around us.

Me- We vowed to tell each other any and everything..... *Whispers* but who am I to talk. I'm hiding another pregnancy. Once again.

Sonya- It doesn't have to be that way. After all, he is inside.

Me- I don't think I'm ready Sonya... I can't.

I stood up.

Me- Thank you for the talk, but I have to go.

I hugged her goodbye and made my way to my car. I was back in that place I never wanted to be in again. The place where I was just terrified of Stephen. The place where I know deep down I'm just scared to be loved again.