Chapter Seven: Love, Hate and Friends

Ryan quickly pulled away.

"Um, I'm sorry." he said getting up.

I went up to him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Don't be sorry." I smiled.

"Are you sure? I-" I cut off his words with a kiss.

He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him. My hands splayed on his chest while my tongue played with his.

I felt like we were perfect for each other, the way our lips fitted against each other. I had forgotten all about Alex and Hayden and all the pain and tears they had caused. The only thing I was focused on was Ryan.

I quickly pulled away from Ryan, remembering that Hayden didn't know that I'd left.

"Hey, are you ok?" Ryan said, a worried look on his face.

"I have to go. Can you drive me home?" I asked, chewing my bottom lip. I didn't want to answer any of Ryan's questions. I just wanted to go home and pray Hayden hadn't  realised I'd gone.

"Ok, I'll take you home." Ryan said, sadness in his voice.

He grabbed my hand and walked me outside to his car. I got in the car and hastily put my seat belt on.

Soon we were on the way to my house. I looked outside the window, taking in the view of the ocean and beaches full with drunken people making fools out of themselves.

Once I gave Ryan the directions to my house he dropped me off. He walked me to my front door like a gentleman, and gave me a quick kiss.

"Here's my number." Ryan smiled giving me a piece of paper with his digits scrawled on it in neat handwriting.

"Thanks." I said giving him a hug and pulling him down for another quick kiss before he got into his car and left.

I walked into the house only to find Hayden with his arms folded and his face full of anger.

"Who was that?" Hayden barked.

"No one." I said, feigning Innocence.

Hayden gave me an if-looks-could-kill glare.

"Alexandria, I saw him kiss you. Now tell me who he is." Hayden glared angrily.

"His name's Ryan." I said, grinding my teeth.. I hated Hayden acting like this. Why did he have to be such a jerk at times?

"Alexandria I don't want you to see him again." Hayden said, deadpan.

The words shocked me, but I wasn't about to let Hayden rule my love life.

"You have no right to tell me who I can and can't see! Its my life and my choice! I am sick and tired of you treating me like I'm your daughter! I'm your little sister! You know why I tried to killing myself?! Do you?!" his flinched at the harsh memory, guilt crossing his features  'It was because of everything bad that happened to me. Including you Hayden." I finished, lowering my voice.

Hayden didn't say anything. His face turned red like he was about to explode.

"Yeah that's right. I'm sick of being rejected by the only person who really cared, who really loved me. Or so I thought. This is not the real you Hayden.  The real you would be happy that I'm forgetting about Alex, but now you make it seem as if I'm going to get married to Alex!" I said.

I started walking to the door until Hayden grabbed my arm.

"Alexandria! Don't leave." Hayden yelled.

"Let go of me Hayden." I whispered loud enough for him to hear. His hand released its grasp and I turned and walked out of the house. I didn't look back once.

I walked to Kayley's house hoping she was home. I knocked on the door and Kayley's mother answered.

"Hi, Is Kayley home?" I asked, faking a smile. I wasn't up to answering questions from someone who didn't really want to hear the answers.

"Oh yes she is Alexandria. I'll go get her." Her mother said.

A few minutes dragged by before Kayley came to the door.

"Hey Ally." Kayley smiled.

"Hey, do you want to go to the mall? I have stuff to tell you." I said.

"Ok sure, let's go." Kayley said, her eyebrows furrowing.

Once we got to the mall, we headed straight for our usual place. Sammi's Scissors Hair Salon.

"Hey, do you think I should dye my hair?" I asked, a genuine smile crossing my face now.

Kayley's face lit up like a kid's at Christmas.

"Go dye your hair Ally! If you want I will too!" Kayley shrieked.

"Ok I'll dye my hair." I said, trying not to laugh at Kayley's face.

"Yay! let's go!" Kayley said grabbing my arm. I was scared - maybe I'd made the wrong decision. I mean, can a person be overly happy? 'Cause Kayley sure seemed like she was!

Thanks for readingz :)