Chapter Five: A simple phone call

I woke up in a daze, and looked at the clock. The glowing digits showed it was 3:37 am.

What the heck was I doing up so early? I tried for ages to fall back to sleep but couldn't. My head was too cluttered to drift of peacefully.

I walked out of my room and quietly made my way downstairs. I found Hayden on the couch watching TV.

I sat next to him and rested my head on his soft shoulder.

"Hey, whatcha doing up so early?" Hayden asked.

"I couldn't go back to sleep." I said quietly, picking at my fingernails.

Hayden hugged me and kissed my head. I buried my face into his chest, and snuggled into him; I was freezing cold and Hayden's body was toasty warm as usual.

"Wow, you're cold!" Hayden said hugging me and wrapping me up in the blanket he'd had over him when I came in.

"Yeah, I'm always cold at night." I said.

"So I'm right?"

"Right about what?"

"About you being a vampire!" Hayden said backing away from me, a weary look on his face.

"Hayden do you really think I'm a vampire?" I asked, taking shuffling towards him on the couch.

"Yes, you are a vampire 'cause you always sleep until the afternoon and you're always cold." Hayden said.

"Enough with the vampire crap. I'm a human being not an undead monster!" I said, anger showing in my voice.

Hayden jumped to me and hugged me tight.

"I'm sowie sis." he said using his sweet voice.

"Hayden stop using that voice! you know it makes me feel guilty for being mad at you!" I said.

"Sorry but I love doing that to you." Hayden chuckled. I rested my head on Hayden's shoulder once again and drifted to sleep within seconds.

A couple of hours later I wake up to the sound of Hayden snoring like a grizzly bear.

How does Hayden not wake up 'cause of that? I said to myself. I walked to the bathroom and stripped out my clothes and took a long shower. I slipped on a blue sleeveless tank top and some grey shorts and walked downstairs.

Hayden was still there on the couch snoring like a bear. I ran up to him and jumped onto his lap.

"Ow! What the fuck was that for?!" Hayden shouted in pain.

"It's for snoring like a bear! You woke me up like eight times!!!" I said.

"Don't do that again Ally. Now I know how Santa felt like when you were 5." Hayden said getting me off his lap and standing up. I was about to speak until the irritating ring of the house phone stopped my train of thoughts.

"I'll get it." I said getting up. I picked up the phone.

"Alexandria? Is that you?"

I stood there frozen in fear from the voice at the end of the line. Today was not my day.

To be continued :)