January 7th Friday: Rainy

Morning

Ring, ring, ring. I picked up my phone. "Jessame?" My uncle's voice said. "Are you there?"

"Yes, I'm here." I answered.

"How are things over there?" He asked.

"Fine, oh wait!" I said putting the phone in a comfortable position in my neck as I pulled on one of my socks. "On the midnight channel, when I first saw it, there was a girl. I couldn't make out who, but it was a girl. The next day, it was a boy. I know I'm not crazy, it was definitely a girl first and she just up and disappeared. Could that mean whoever's pushing people inside changed their mind?" I asked as I grabbed my school bag. He was quiet as I rummaged around my room while looking for my notebook.

"I'm...not sure." He said. "That's never happened before." I hmmed and looked at the clock.

"I have to go to school, I'll talk to you later." I said.

"Sure." He said hanging up. I stuffed my phone in my bag and closed it. I took out my little hand sized notebook and a pen and started to piece together the facts I had.

T.V. Mystery

Midnight Channel

Girl

Kensan

Fog

Murderer X

Wow, I know nothing about this situation. I sighed and put the notepad back into my bag. I walked down stairs for breakfast.

~

Aftershcool

"We need to do something about this guys." I said seriously. Kensan didn't come to school today and we called the inn. He was helping and couldn't make it today. "My uncle called today. We need a plan to make sure Kensan will be okay. Any ideas?" I walked in front as I opened my umbrella. It's raining and that doesn't comfort me.

"How are we supposed to stop that?" Lauren asked.

"It's not like we can walk up to his mom and say, 'I know this is hard to believe, but your son is going to be pushes inside the t.v. soon. Have a nice night.'" Shiro said. I stopped suddenly.

"Shiro your a geniu- You has a good idea." I said.

"What did I say?" She asked.

"Isn't she your dad's friend?" I asked. "I bet she knows about the midnight channel and the t.v. world. Maybe even Teddie!" They looked at me wide eyed.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Lauren asked quickly starting to sprint towards the inn. I followed close behind with Shiro by my side.

~

We arrived at the Amagi Inn just in time to see Mrs. Yukiko waving at a delivery man. "Mrs. Yukiko!" I called before she went back inside. She turned to see us running towards us.

"Lauren?" She said confused by our presence. Lauren hunched over in exhaustion along with Shiro. I took in a deep breath and smiled.

"Hello, nice to meet you Mrs. Yukiko." I greeted. "My name is Jessame Kanda and I am under the impression you were friends with my uncle, Yu Narukami, during highschool." She nodded.

"Yes, that is correct." She said.

"Well, I believe you know a thing or two about the midnight channel." I said. Her eyes widened. "Your son has appeared on it and I just wanted to suggest that you should keep am eye on him as well keep an eye out for anyone suspicious. The recent murder was connected with the t.v. world. My uncle is planning on coming to help guide me and my two partners during our journey as well as my teacher, Margret."

"Oh my." She said. "But, what could Kensan..." She trailed off and tried to figure out something. "Thank you for telling me. I'll be sure to keep an eye on him." We all smiled.

"Thank you." Shiro and Lauren said together.

~
Night

I stood in front of the t.v. not believing that I was seeing it. But, Kensan Amagi was clearly on the t.v. screen. No static or anything. "Dammit, why?" I asked.

"I can do anything I want too." He said. "Watch me as I fight my way to freedom! Stay tuned! Maybe I'll even save a princess." He winked and I mentally made a note that rebel Kensan was a hot Kensan. He turned and ran into a forest shrouded in darkness. The t.v. turned off. My phone rang and I answered it without checking to see who it was.

"Not one word of this, to anyone." I said.

"Yeah..." Shiro said obviously as flustered as I was with that. "I hope Lauren wasn't watching that."

"Me too."