December 25th Saturday: Reality

I was with my uncle for today. A sort of normal day, only normality was far from what we had now. When Izunami decided to come back in a rage, the world went down hill from there. It was all we could do to merely protect the other's who hadn't awakened their persona. He was driving. The glasses Teddy made him equipped to his face as my own were. I stared out the window. We were driving through a deserted city as the scouts before a truck full of other teenagers were taken to a stronghold. The fog was thick but the glasses made it nonexistent. The sound of the car's engine was the only sound between us. We had been driving for about a day. He suddenly slowed to a stop. I looked over at him in question.

"Let's take a break." He told me as he took the key our of the ignition. He unbuckled his seat belt and stepped out of the car. I sighed and got out too. He stood staring at the distance at the expanse of water toward the right. I stood next to him. "Merry Christmas." He told me. I looked at him.

"Merry Christmas." I told him. He offered me a smile I didn't try to return. I didn't have it in me. Hopefully he knew by now that meant nothing.

"I would've gotten you something." He said.

"Candy?" I asked.

"Heh, maybe." He said. "But I didn't."

"Good, because I didn't get you anything either." I told him bluntly.

"Ouch." He muttered with a chuckle. I shook my head at him. "Well, let's get going."