January 4th Tuesday: Couldy/Rainy

Morning

I walked towards my school like anyone else. A girl on a bike shot past me unsteadily. "Watch out!" She yelled. She crashed in the distance. Maybe I should help her? I stopped as I saw her stuck in a trashcan. It's a good thing she wears leggings. "Somebody help me!" She yelled. "Come on, help a girl out! Fine, let me die! I don't want to stay in a world where people aren't kind! What was that? Someone get me out of here! I think there's a rat!" I sighed. I guess I should help her. I pulled her out. She was the same girl from yesterday...Shiro, I think. She was about five foot two with white hair and green eyes. She rubbed her head as I held out a hand to her.

"Shiro, right?" I asked. She took my hand greatfully and nodded.

"Shiro Tatsumi at your service." She said.

"Jessame Kanda." I said.

"Well, nice to meet you." She said. "I owe you one." I shrugged as we started walking again.

"It was just the right thing to do." I said.

~

In class we were learning something about the solar system. The teacher called me out. "Jessame, what is the greatest canyon in the solar system?" They asked. I stood up.

"Valles Marineris." I said. The teacher nodded as I sat back down and started to elaborate more on the subject.

~

After School

"Hey, Jessame." Shiro called. She ran up beside me. "I owe you one for this morning so, why don't I treat you to some steak. It's good and it's one of the few things this town is known for."

"Did I hear steak?" I heard Lauren's voice call out. "Remember that Zelda game." She smiled cheesily.

~

This isn't steak." Lauren said. Shiro was nice enough to treat us to Ramen at Junes.

"Well sorry, I wasn't expecting a tag-along." Shiro said. The t.v. was on the news and it was explaining details on the case. I seemed to be the only of our group to notice.

"Did you here about the midnight channel?" Lauren said changing the subject.

"You mean the thing that comes on at midnight when its raining and shows you your soul mate?" Shiro said.

"I heard some kids talking about it." I said.

"Isn't it just fake?" Shiro asked.

"I doubt anyone has the time to stay up that long to see that." I said.

"I think your over estimating just how much we have to do here." Shiro said. I shrugged.

"Isn't it supposed to rain tonight?" Lauren said. "Let's check it out tonight."

"Okay." I said shrugging.

~

Night

"This is just a waste of sleep." I decided. "Who am I going to see anyway? Maybe I should just go to sleep..." The clock struck midnight and the t.v. came on. There was a feminine figure, but it there was to static to make out who they were. I would like to point out one thing: I am not lesbian.

"I art thou, thou art I." A voice rung through my head. I gripped my head with one hand and tried to rest my other on glass of the t.v. Key word: tried. My arm slipped through and I struggled to pull it out. Once I did jerk free, I ended up hitting the back of my head on my coffee table. The image cleared and I was left with only the sound of rain. What the hell?