Chapter 20// It's Where We Used To Go When Things Got Too Chaotic

Bắt đầu từ đầu

      I quickly rush across the parking lot over to where Jace's car is. When he sees me he starts rolling up the window but I stick my face through the window. "If you keep doing that your going to decapitate me so I suggest just listening"

He rolls his eyes and brings the window more room so the window isn't millimeters way from my neck. "I'm sorry Jace-"

Sch schhhh

What the hell!

Jace kept playing with the window making is go up and down. "You know what!" I slap his hand away from the contort and get into the car by crawling through the window onto Jace's lap onto the seat next to him.

Now it was his turn, "What the hell Ashley!"

"You were bugging me!"

"Yeah and that by all means jump into someone's car through there window stick their but in the persons face, and make themselves comfortable in their car!"

"Glad we're on the same page now listen." Jace rolls his eyes, "I know that your depressed. I know you're blaming it on yourself for not being able to help her. For letting her try to kill herself but it's not your fault Jace. It's mine. You have every right to be mad at me I'll give you that much, but sitting around mourning isn't going to bring her back."

"And your telling me this because?"

"I understand why you're mad at me."

"Who the hell said that was why!" I shrink into the seat.

"I did, am I wrong?" He nods, "oh."

"I'm not even mad at you Ashley. I'm mad at myself for not being able to control Kimber." He chin wobbles when he says her name, "We all bullied for so many years and I never stopped it. I stood there and let my sister bully you. She wouldn't have killed her self if I hadn't tried to change Meagan like I tried to change you. I thought that you'd realized that and that you were mad at me so I tried to keep my distance."

I blink, "I'm not blaming anything on you."

"See now I'm mad, your so naive Ashley. Don't you get it if o don't keep my distance from you the same thing that happened to Meagan will happen to you. And than I'll kill myself. I wouldn't forgive my self if what happened to Kimber and Megan happened to you."

"Trace."

"What about it?" If what Jace was saying was right what could Trace possibly be doing right now? Suicide?

"Tell me what your thinking Ashley I'm not psychic."

"What if Trace is blaming the whole thing on him Jace, he's in trouble."

Jace puts his hands on his temples, and closes his eyes. "I know where he is."

"Yeah in his room."

"No he's at some place he and Kimber went."

"You knew about them?"

"Mhmm, I used to spy on them," his eyes start to water. "I was a very damaged child after walking in in them making out."

"Oh."

~~~~*~~~~

We've been driving for about ten minutes now and I'm pretty sure Jace was lying about not being mad about me. He's probably going to dump me off in the middle of no where and go back to mourn Kimber.

"Uh Jace, we're are we going?"

He rolls down the window in my side and lowers his head and points at something I can barley see in all the tree's, "it's right there."

     Jace pulls up to the side of the road and turns on his phone's flashlight. I give him a quizzical look, "we might be out here late."

I look down at the black wedges Lindsey made me where, "frick I'm going to die walking in these." I take the, off and put them in the car.

"What are you doing?" Jace asks.

"I can't possibly walk in heels!"

He hold his hands up in defense, "sorry."

I follow Jace through a few meters if trees while following a small stream to an opening with a huge tree with branches that twist and turn. I can make a body on the highest branch of the tree.

     "Tray!" I hear Jace call from behind me. "It's Jace! Ashley is here should I bring her up she wants to talk to you!"

      Trace mumbles something that I can't hear. "No I don't! I never said that," I whisper yell to Jace and slap his arm.

      "No you were the one worrying go talk to him."

      "No you." I swat Jace's arms again

      "No you."

      "No you."

      "No you're!"

      I sigh, "fine."

      I look at the height of the tree, thank god I put my shoes in the car. I'd probably twist an ankle climbing this tree is those. Have helps lift me from the floor to the branch a few feet above the ground.

     "Remember," Jace whispers. "No pressure but if you can't convince him to stop being caught up in a guilt trap he might try to kill himself like you said."

     Yeah no pressure.

~~~~*~~~~

Hey people! One more chapter yay!

So have you forgiven Jace? I have because well I don't hold a grudge for very long.

COMMENT AND VOTE

Chocolate and Sprinkles!
-Hatay