46. It Looks Like Johnny Depp!

Talking with Nasreen Chaudhury had put Jace in a remarkably better mood. Not all Council members had the intelligence of fruit, after all!

In Idris, everyone seemed to like Jace more when he was in a better mood, but when they got back to the Institute, Simon and Rebecca weren't sure if they liked happy Jace or grumpy Jace better.

As soon as they got back to New York, happy Jace had them suit up and go demon hunting, whereas grumpy Jace would have left their training alone and brooded in the Library.

As Simon pulled his gear jacket on, he grumbled about how when Jace was happy, he was not.

Jace, having heard that from all the way across the room, chucked a weapons belt at Simon, hitting him in the head. Luckily for Simon, the weapons belt did not have any sharp blades in it yet.

"Don't worry," Jace said, approaching the two Lovelace siblings. "We can take a pineapple if you're worried about your safety."

Simon glared at Jace. He didn't make a comment though; he learned a while ago that no matter how much he protested and asked that they drop the pineapple thing, Jace and Rebecca wouldn't let it go.

"Let's just go," Clary said, coming to Simon's rescue and pushing them all out the door, not even turning back to make sure her parents knew how to take care of the twins. She had gotten better about not obsessing over their safety every five seconds.

-

"Too easy," Jace said, wiping the flat of his blade against his sleeve, cleaning it of the little ichor that was on it.

"Okay, we going back now?" Simon asked, ready to turn around out of the alley.

"You didn't even do anything," Jace said.

"Because you didn't let us do anything," Simon said. "You just ran ahead and-" Simon made a whooshing sound and gestured around wildly with his hands.

"Those were too easy. It's time you and Becca fought some real demons," Jace said, leading them towards another location.

-

"No!" Simon refused.

"Just kill it Simon," Jace hissed.

"No!" Simon whispered again.

"Your sister already killed hers!" Jace whispered.

"I'm not killing it!" Simon took a step away from the demon, his weapon lowered at his side. Luckily for him, the demon hadn't noticed him yet and he could afford to have an argument with Jace next to a dumpster.

"Why not?" Jace asked.

"It looks like Johnny Depp!" Simon told him.

Jace paused. "What?" he asked. That had not been what he was expecting Simon to say.

"I'm not killing it!" Simon said.

"It's not Jack Sparrow, Simon," Clary said.

"Captain Jack Sparrow," Simon corrected her.

"Just kill it!" Jace said.

"No! I grew up watching Pirates of the Caribbean. I am not killing my childhood hero!" Simon said.

"It's not Jack Sparrow, Simon," Clary said again. "It's a demon."

Simon narrowed his eyes at her. "Captain-"

"Simon!" Rebecca cut him off. "Just kill it already! I am ankle deep in trash here and would like to get back and take a shower!"

Rebecca, in her burning desire to get out of the pile of apple cores and ripped up take-out menus, had forgotten to lower her voice and had alerted the demon of their presence.

"You kill it!" Simon turned to Jace quickly as the demon approached them.

"You kill it!"

"You kill it!"

The two boys argued back and forth, sounding very much like two teenage girls fighting over who should kill a spider.

"No, you kill it! You're the only one who hasn't gotten a kill. Everyone else got theirs in the last alley!" Jace said, pushing Simon forward, towards the demon before he even got the chance to argue back.

"But-" Simon started but Izzy yelled, "Look out!"

Simon turned around and saw the demon lunging at him. Panicking, Simon slashed out with his knife blindly, squeezing his eyes shut. He didn't want to see Johnny Depp's face on a demon's body.

When Simon opened his eyes, Johnny Depp was gone.

"I'm so sorry Captain Sparrow!" Simon cried.

Hi! Hope you all liked this fluffy chapter!

Question: Who here likes Pirates of the Caribbean?

Please: Comment! Vote! Follow!

Thx for reading! ILYASM! Mizpah!