chapter 9

Gemma was very nervous to go up to her teacher, but Robbie and Amy came with her, knowing how important he was to her and they didn't let her back out as they were on their way to his classroom as he was grading papers before going to the teacher's lounge. Amy knocked on the door for Gemma. Gemma bit her lip nervously.

"Just a moment." a very quiet and soft voice replied.

Amy had her hand soothingly, but in a way to keep her there, on Gina's shoulder. Gemma came inside the classroom, she pulled up a chair and sat across from the desk.

The teacher shut the door gently and collected his papers as he came to his desk and put the papers aside for now and looked into the girl's eyes. "What can I do for you?"

"I... Um..." Gemma blushed as their eyes were into each other's as she instantly lost her train of thought. "Um... Uh..."

Amy's gaze could be felt on Gemma's back, to keep her on track.

Gemma shut her eyes and concentrated. "I-I was wondering if maybe I could call you while you're... Um, you know... In your new home..."

"You like this class that much?" The Latin teacher chuckled warmly.

Amy hoped Gemma would say the right thing about how she felt.

"I enjoy this class very much, you're a wonderful teacher..." Gemma bowed her head as a tear rolled down her cheek. "I'll miss you very much."

The teacher leaned back into his chair and wrote on her test paper with a pen. "I'll miss you too." he then handed her paper back with a decent scoring percentage with a phone number written underneath the note of 'Good Job!'

Amy glanced at Robbie. Robbie only stood there, at least the teacher seemed nicer than he expected.

Gemma hugged the paper and soon hugged her teacher. "Why are you leaving?" she sniffled and whimpered. "Do you hate us?"

"It has nothing to do with you, I just think this would be a better career for me." the teacher soothed, his voice melting her ears like butter every time he talked, even though he didn't speak much to others.

Amy bit her lip as she looked down but then had an idea that she would say to Gemma.

"I'm sorry, Gemma, you're a great girl, it's been nice having you in my class... Even though you spent half the time drooling..." The teacher said to her as he tried to relax her. "You are a nice young woman and you are about to do greater and better things."

Gemma was still sad, but his words always hypnotized her and weakened her on the inside. Amy smiled a little then. She wondered if she should suggest the idea to the teacher too as they were all currently in private.

"Now, give me a smile..." The teacher told Gemma.

Gemma giggled sheepishly as she smiled and her whole face turned hot pink. Amy smiled softly. She looked at Robbie silently asking if she should suggest her idea to the teacher. Robbie gave a small nod to Amy. The teacher chuckled and gave Gemma a gentle pat on the head. Amy took a step forward and cleared her throat in a way to get attention without being disrespectful.

The teacher then looked up to Amy. "Yes, may I help you?" he then asked.

Gemma still felt tickled in her ears from her teacher's voice, it was such an exotic sound.

"I, uh, I had an idea Mister Teacher, sir..." Amy said quietly. She would whisper it to him if needs be though.

Gemma squirmed in her seat only slightly and Robbie gave her a gesture to settle down.