chapter 4

Amy couldn't get hold of Linda yet, but left a message for her, telling her she better get there as soon as she could. Robbie sat outside as he collected the bridal figurine and stared at it as he thought of Linda and why she had abandoned him at the altar. He had feared that would happen and often hoped it wouldn't. He kept trying to tell himself she had a very good reason and not just ditching him. Amy hung up the phone and was about to check on Robbie. Linda came up the path, looking at Robbie.

Robbie looked up to his bride, trying to hide his emotions, but it was clearly obvious he was upset with her. "Hey, you're late."

Amy glared at her cousin.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't do it." Linda told him.

"Well... If you need more time, I guess I can wait..." Robbie replied softly.

"No, I don't need more time, Robbie; I don't ever want to marry you." Linda said, glancing in Amy's direction. That was very harsh and it made Robbie feel even more worse than before.

"Jeez, you know, that information might've been a little more useful to me yesterday..." Robbie replied, trying to keep his cool.

"I've been talking to my friends the last couple of days." Linda started.

Amy scowled at Linda.

"Oh, here it comes..." Robbie grumbled.

"And I think I figured out what's been bothering me. I'm not in love with Robbie now. I'm in love with Robbie six years ago..." Linda continued. "Robbie, the lead singer of Final Warning when I used to come and watch you from the front row in your spandex pants your silk shirt un-buttoned, licking the microphone like David Lee Roth." She then finished, getting closer to him.

Amy tutted. Robbie was worth so much more and deserved much more than Linda.

"I still got spandex, I'll go put them on right now." Robbie replied.

"The point is, I woke up this morning, and I realized I'm about to marry a wedding singer. I am never going to leave Ridgefield." Linda said, giving Amy a small glare back.

"Why do you need to leave Ridgefield?" Robbie asked. "We grew up here, all our friends are here, Amy likes it here a lot and her best friend Gemma's here. It's the perfect place to raise a family."

"Living in your sister's basement with five kids and my cousin with her sprog when it comes, while you're off every weekend doing wedding gigs at a whopping 60 bucks a pop?" Linda asked.

That did it for Robbie.

"Once again, things that could've been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!" Robbie scolded her.

Linda didn't seem bothered by the shouting. "The fact is, we grew apart a long time ago. You wanted to get married, you didn't care to know." She told him, shrugging.

Robbie shook his head, he just couldn't believe this was happening. "That's not true, I love you," he said to her, trying very hard not to cry. "Come here, I want to spend the rest of my life with you." he then took her hand in a comforting way.

"Hey, Linda!" one of the kids ran over with a small smile.

Linda looked at him, then the kid. Amy looked at Pete too.

"You're a bitch!" the kid then exclaimed, which was rather shocking for Linda to hear.

"Th-Thanks, Petey, why don't you go back in the house?" Robbie suggested to his nephew.

"Hi, Amy." the boy smiled to Amy before running back inside the house innocently.

Amy waved and covered her mouth, trying not to laugh. It was kind of funny. Linda pulled her hand out of his.