Chapter 16

I woke up to a huge thump. I looked over the railing of the top bunk and found Ethan sprawled out on the floor.

"What the hell?" he muttered in confusion.

He then noticed me looking down at him.

"Hey," he said looking up at me.

"Hi. You want some aspirin?" I offered.

He nodded and I got off the bed and went to the dresser. I picked up the water and pills and then went over and handed it to him. He  sat up against the wall and took the aspirin and water from me. He then groaned and held his head in his hand.

"My head hurts," he groaned.

"From falling off the bed or from the hangover?" I asked as I sat down across from him.

"Both," he murmured.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" I asked carefully.

"Not really I-" he paused. "I remember you coming."

"Yeah, what about everything else?" I questioned.

"What else happened?"

That wasn't an easy question to answer.

"Well, uh I mean, how did you get that nasty bruise on your face?" I asked.

He stared at me blankly, before gingerly touching his cheekbone where the bruise was.

"I don't want to talk about that," he mumbled.

"Do you remember what you said?" I asked, refusing to make eye contact.

Suddenly Ethan sat up straight and looked over at me.

"Uh, Leah, I have to tell you something."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"I may have told Kyle about your parents," he said slowly.

"What!" I said, completely horrified.

"I'm so sorry," he apologized.

"Why would you do that?" I asked slightly, starting to panic.

"I'm sorry," he repeated. "I'd been having an awful day and Kyle and I were arguing about something and I just said it in the heat of the moment."

I stared at him. Of all the things he could have done, Ethan revealed my deepest secret to someone who had the entire school in his contact list. I wasn't sure what I was feeling right now. Betrayal maybe?

"Can you just go?" I said as a lump formed in my throat.

"Look, I'll go talk to him," he tried.

"Just go Ethan, please?" I mumbled not looking at him.

I only looked up when the door finally closed. I rested my head on my knees. 

Why? Why had I told him? I shouldn't have trusted him. Maybe I was making this a bigger deal than it needed to be? I mean Kyle was sweet, maybe he wouldn't tell anyone. Ugh why were boys so dumb?

I was about to call Ethan and figure out what to do, but I stopped myself. The last time I called him, things hadn't gone so well.

Jess called me for breakfast and I glumly made my downstairs. The morning had not started off well. After barely finishing one pancake out of the huge stack of Monica's signature chocolate chip banana pancakes, Jess knew right away something was wrong.

I must have looked really depressed, she didn't even make me put my plate away. I watched as an annoyed Matt had to take my plate to the kitchen. Jess sat down next to me and made everyone else leave.