☆Chapter 21☆

Aish when will this lesson end... I groaned as I blankly stared at Ms Wee. Apparently, I'm having a history lesson now and it's boring... Well it's not only just me who thinks that way, Jungkook and Bambam were already dozing off.

"Those who are dozing off or attention is not on me, please wake up and give me your fullest attention because I'm going to announce something important so please listen up." Ms Wee said as she starts waking some students up.

"Okay so today you guys will have a graded assignment project to do. You can choose any topic but it must be related to history. Since now we're left with about 15 minutes , please form groups of four and discuss about your project." Ms Wee instructed us.

Who should group with? Jungkook? I thought to myself that since most of the time, I always end up pairing with people who are really lazy, making me do all the job. While they claim credit. You might be thinking why would they do this to me. Well, that is because I am an outcast where nobody would care or want me in their group since I always hang out with Jimin and Taehyung.

After thinking for a few minutes, I decided to group with Jungkook. I quickly turned my body behind to asked Jungkook, "Jungkook, do you want to be my project part-"

"Jungkook! So what topic shall we work on together?" Yena asked, cutting my question as she excitedly walk towards Jungkook's table. "Did I say I am working with you?" Jungkook asked back while he raised one of his eyebrow. "Why are you asking that? We have always been working together as project partners." Yena say. "That was when we were in a relationship but now we are not. So my group members would be me Bambam, Yugyeom and Eunji. Go find another group member to work with. You are disturbing our discussion." Jungkook replied coldly. "Yay, Eunji is working with us! It will surely be fun!" Bambam cheer happily, like a child. Anger could be seen on Yena's face as she immediately give me a death stare.

"Ok then... But before I leave, Eunji, could you give me a minute as I have something to tell you." Yena says as she grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from Jungkook's table without giving Jungkook any chance to speak. After Yena had dragged me away from Jungkook and making sure that they will not be able to hear what we will be talking about, Yena lossen her grip and immediately crossed her arms.

"Tell Jungkook you don't want to be in his group." Yena demanded coldly. "Why should I?" I coldly questioned. "Because with you in his group, he won't be able to score well but if I am inside his group, I will be able to help him score well." Yena proudly say as she looked down on me. Even though I admit what she say is true, I still won't leave the group. Who said I can't try and help? I'm not that useless after all.

"Don't worry, I will try my best to help him." I coldy answer back. "Oh really? Then do you know what will happen if you fail to do so?" Yena suddenly asked with a smirk plastered on her face. "What do you mean?" I asked, feeling confused as I raised one of my eyebrow. What will happen to Jungkook if I don't help him score well for this project?

That's when Yena's smirk goes wider. "Hmm... Looks like you don't know. Let me cut short then, basically Jungkook's father will give Jungkook some harsh punishment if he score badly for any test or project." Yena explained. My eyes immediately widened in disbelief. The man that I saw in Jungkook house is his father?! "Don't tell me all the bruises and cuts is from his father?!" I asked, reluctant to believe that there is such a father who abuse his son just because of scoring badly. "Yup. You think he's weak right? Always get controlled by his father, what a useless boyfriend." Yena say while she shake his head in disappointment.

"He's not useless! He's a great boyfriend. There must be a reason why his father did that do him." I say as I help to defend Jungkook. "Yaya... What ever you say but..." Yena say as she slowly walk towards me with a deadly expression on as she close the gap between us. Hate to admit but I am feeling nervous now, seeing her death stare but to prevent myself looking weak in front of her, I stood rooted to the ground. "If you really care for Jungkook, leave the group..." Yena coldy say before leaving me alone.

I paused awhile as I absorb what she had said earlier. I really do care about Jungkook. I do not want any bad thing to happen to him... Well, if that's the case. I think it's best if Yena remain in his group... I sadly convince myself as I slowly walked behind Yena.

"Finally you guys are back. Eunji! Come write down your name on this list. As for you Yena, go and find your group. Yo-"

"Jungkook, I'm sorry... I do not want to be in your group. I have another group in my mind... So just let Yena be in your group." I said, interrupting Jungkook. "What? Why? " Jungkook asked, feeling surprised. Everyone of them now were looking at me feeling surprised except Yena who was smirking at their expression. "It's just..." I stuttered as I couldn't find any excuses to give. "Yena what did you told her?" Jungkook coldly asked Yena as his eyes immediately turned cold and dark.

"I didn't tell her anything. I just gave her some tips to do well in the project since she will be working with you." Yena answered as she give Jungkook her innocent face. "Ya... Yena did not say anything to me. I just don't want to work with you. I will be nothing but a burden." I say as I quickly head towards my usual group, the laziest one.

When I head to the group that I am working with, I immediately regret leaving Jungkook's group. Looking at my group, two of them were dozing off while another one was playing with his phone. "Hey guys can I join your group?" I asked. "Up to you, we couldn't care much." The one who is playing his phone answered. I reluctantly take a seat before resting my head on my hand.

At least I am helping Jungkook...

"Hey you, swap groups with me." A voice suddenly spoke up, interrupting my thoughts. I quickly looked up to see who is talking. "Yugyeom?" I blurted out, feeling curious why is he here as I watch him telling the boy that were playing his phone to swap group with him and of course he is delighted to since Yena is in that group.

"Hi" Yugyeom cheerfully say as he took a seat right in front of me. "What are you doing here and why did you swap group with him?" I asked. "Cause I want to be in the same group as you, not Yena. My turn to ask. What did Yena told you just now?" Yugyeom asked back with a serious expression on. "N-nothing." I said as I randomly looked around, refusing to have eye contact with him since I do not want to make this matter big.

"Don't lie." Yugyeom said as he hold my hand, grabbing my attention to him as my heart slightly flutter. "Fine... Yena told me that Jungkook's father will punish Jungkook badly if I failed to help Jungkook score well in this project. So I feel that Yena should be in his team..." I said. "What?! She told you about his father?!" Yugyeom shouted with his eyes widened in shock.

So Yena is saying the truth...

"Yugyeom ah, can you really tell me what is going on between Jungkook and his father? Please?" I begged since I am dying to know the truth now.

"I can't... Jungkook will hate me for sharing his personal business to people." Yugyeom say as he slowly removes his hand away."Please? I am his girlfriend, Yugyeom... Don't you want to help Jungkook?" I continued to beg as I see Yugyeom hesitating.

"Please???"

"Fine..."

Thats when my heart stopped beating for awhile. I'll finally get to know Jungkook's secret!

To be continued...

--------------------------------

Teaser
"JUNGKOOK!!"

--------------------------------

A/N:
Hi guys, I'm back💕 Sorry for the long wait since I was rushing to complete my coursework. Comment down what do you think about this book so far^^ Don't worry, next chapter will be coming up soon~