{Midnight Stroke}

{Midnight Stroke}

            “J-Jack…” Elsa stared in momentary shock as she realized Jack was standing before her, his feet just a meter away from her hands. She was afraid to blink and have him disappear, to have imagined him so clearly.

            He turned to face her and smiled gently, his blue orbs gazing down at her with thoughtfulness. Jack offered his hand and Elsa’s lips parted as she reached for it with her own, she swallowed the lump in her throat and let her hand fall on his palm. A spark rushed over her skin and she felt relief wash over at his contact, he was real.

            “Miss me, Princess?” His lips curved upward and he smirked cockily.

            With one pull Jack had Elsa stand and crash against his chest; he chuckled and wrapped his left arm around her waist. “I missed you Elsa,” he whispered into her ear, a chill rising up her spine. 

            She felt a blush lash at her cheeks and pressed her cheek against his chest feeling the heart underneath thump madly. She closed her eyes for a minute and smiled happily; if she was indeed dreaming or hallucinating then she didn’t want to wake up.

            “Sorry to interrupt you lovers,” a rough fake cough met their ears and they both turned to see Pitch standing near the elegant stairs of Ice. “I see you came back from the dead Jack, how unfortunate,” he sighed in agitation. “It seems there is one more kitten to kill,” Pitch laughed as his molten gold eyes glared at Jack with amusement.

            Jack stood in front of Elsa, and glared with the same hatred and defiance in his eyes. “Not if I can help it Pitch, I won’t let you harm Elsa,” he took a step forward and challenged Pitch with determination. “I’m not afraid of fighting against you,” he proclaimed.

            “Is that so? Then come and prove it,” Pitch felt the cold air around him shift and darkness oozed from his body.

            “But first,” Jack turned and grabbed Elsa from her shoulders, in a second his lips were pressed delightfully against hers. She closed her eyes and melted into his kiss, it was sweet and frosty. Jack leaned away and winked at her before disappearing in a blink of an eye.

            “Let the games begin,” Jack’s voice echoed through the castle walls, Elsa glanced at Pitch who was suddenly on the ground half of his face frozen in a sheet of ice. “Ugh! What did you do?!” Pitch screamed in agony as the ice bit at his skin.

            “It’s called frostbite,” Jack replied as he appeared near Pitch’s body. “And it burns straight to the core,” his eyebrows furrowed as he grabbed Pitch’s dark hair and pulled his body up with force. He brought his tightened fist against Pitch’s gut and his victim gasped in pain.

            Elsa shuddered as Pitch’s expression was underlined by throbbing pain, a line of blood gushed from Pitch’s under lip and she struggled not to look away from the scene. In a swift motion Jack tossed the body over his head and Pitch flew across the room, he crashed into the thick walls and fell with a thump on the floor.

            Jack walked over and retrieved his staff, it was instantly engulfed in ice patters and the darkness vanished with a single touch. “That’s for taking my staff,” he spat in hate.

            Pitch sputtered blood onto the floor, his lungs felt as if a boulder was obstructing his airway. He glanced toward Jack and felt his vision split into two, everything was hazy and he couldn’t make out anything…except for Jack Frost.