{Escape from Reality}

Jack stumbled and fell into the soft covered ground, his chest heaving as he struggled to stand and continue to walk through the endless forest of white. His hazy eyes caught small movement near a trunk and he could have sworn he saw a blue light glowing just near it.

His breaths came out in small white clouds of ice, and he tightened his lips at the abnormal behavior. Jack held on to the trunk he was leaning against to support him and flinched when he realized a pattern of ice was forming below his palm and spreading over the wood.

"Why? What is going on?" He questioned aloud, he was frustrated that nothing seemed to click in his head. He couldn't remember anything when he woke up near the ice glazed lake, and even now all he managed to figure out is his own name.

How was it that the cold around him didn't affect him? How is it that he can control and will around ice?

Many questions rang through his head but they were left unanswered, he sighed in agitation. He looked over the dark sky and noticed bright lights illuminating in the far distance, maybe there was a city awaiting for him.

Jack felt his feet move faster against the snow he was creating and once he reached the peak of a cliff he saw the kingdom beyond the clear water, glittering with thousands of lights. He smiled and sat down enjoying the view, he set his staff down and relaxed knowing he could get help once he boarded a ship and searched for answers.

~❄~

"Elsa? Can I come in to play?" Anna pleaded from the other side of the locked doors. Her hands clasped together in hope that today she and her older sister may play inside and have loads of fun.

Elsa held her hands together tightly the texture of the gloves rubbing against each other as she answered in a weak tone, "No Anna, I cannot."

"Why not? Yesterday we played and I know you want to play once more," Anna persisted her head bobbing side to side in excitement, her eyes twinkling with hope. Elsa couldn't bare the temptation to play but she did not want to hurt her dear sister once again.

Anna may not know but just yesterday when they were playing happily she had accidently hurt her, and the scene keeps on replaying in her mind knowing she was almost the cause of killing her own sister.

"No, I'm sorry Anna but I can't," Elsa shook her head a blonde white hair strand escaped from her bun. Her eyes strayed from her gloves to the door that separated her from Anna, she could imagine the sad expression underling her sister's face.

"But why? Why can't we-"

"I said NO, Anna!" Elsa yelled and at her words her room filled with a harsh cold wind that blew against the walls and covered the bedpost with sharp ice extending upward.

Her eyes widened and she was bewildered by the lack of control she had over her emotions, tears whelmed in her eyes at the realization that she was indeed dangerous. What if the next time she is displeased or angered she releases the same power onto her loved ones?

After a moment of silence Elsa heard the small footsteps leave followed by a sullen cry escaping from Anna's lips. She embraced herself and closed her eyes dreading having a curse like this, for a small child like her to have these abilities was a huge responsibility.