The real world

"Sorry, she's gone"

1 months later
Cory's POV
It was Riley's first day back since.
I walk into my class room 30 minutes before the lesson as I was shocked to see every pupil of my class sitting waiting for me. A tear came from my eye as I looked around the room as if everything was the same except a empty chair. I put my bag down on the desk.

I wrote on the board.
Gone

I sat with them in my chair in silence until Lucas spoke up. "Mr matthews what's the moral of this story. Did this all happen for no reason. Will that be the end of the story because to me it feels like she about to walk in the door giving some excuse about being late and you'll tell her to sit down" he bursts into tears.

"She has gone, her story has finished but she is still her in our lives she is impacting the rest of our lives" I pause "make sure some good came out of her life, make sure her legacy is all of you"

I add "the moral of this story was I lost a wonderful student"
Riley laughs with tears in her eyes "she was a terrible student and a rubbish friend most of the time. She always said the wrong thing and liked to annoy people. But Maya was ... I don't know" she tops she stands up and walks to the door. For a second she waits, she turns back to Lucas "the moral of this story, a girl meet the REAL world and the world eat her up. The story is no matter how much you pray and how much you beg and much you need something. Some stories have unhappy ending" she stops adding "in fact maya story had a tragic ending"