19

Timothy couldn't recall what happened when he opened his eyes.
It was so bright and he had to squint his eyes, blinking them in confusion.
Where am I? What happened?
He moved his head a bit to scan the room but a sharp pain at the side of his head made him groan.
He reached with his hand to touch the throbbing area only to notice his arm was hooked up to an IV.
I'm in a hospital?
He carefully came to a sitting position, his body felt weak and exhausted, it was hard to support himself - he just wanted to close his eyes and rest.
He coughed a few times, his throat felt dry and sore. The door to the small room opened and two people stepped in, a doctor and a nurse.
"Mr Jacobs, good to see you're up ," they came over and the nurse checked him, making sure the IV was still in place and offering him a gentle smile while the doctor introduced himself and explained what happened.
He apparently collapsed at work due to his body's bad condition and was rushed to the hospital a bit dehydrated and with a high body temperature .
"You got a hit to your head when you fell , fortunately there's no concussion. We also did blood tests just to make sure everything is well, you just need to rest and get fluids . You'll be good to go tomorrow morning ."
Timothy nodded, still in haze over his situation .
"Thank you for everything " he sighed. "You welcome, you can thank us by taking care of yourself. I believe this situation could've been avoided if you took a few days at home to get better Mr Jacobs ."
Timothy felt as if he was almost scolded, he knew however that it was for his own good. The doctor was right, instead of being so stubborn he should have listened to his body distress calls.
"Yeah you're right, I should have done it. It's such a hectic time for me and I forgot that my health should come before everything." The doctor hummed in understanding.
"I suggest you take a few days off, it can only do your body good and help your recovery. We contacted your wife, she's on her way here. If you need anything just press that button next to you and a nurse will come."
Timothy thanked them again and they left.
Way to go you idiot
As if he didn't have enough on his plate, now he had to deal with that.
Taking a few days to rest at home? It wasn't time for vacations and he could only be angry with himself for being so reckless and carefree . One day at home before it got to this state and he would have been fine.
Just thinking of all the meetings in his schedule that would have to be rescheduled or cancelled at worst gave him a terrible headache.
If his father was here he wouldn't have to deal with any of it , he'd keep everything under control flawlessly.
Timothy felt disappointed with himself, he was barely thrown into the water and he was already drowning, struggling to keep his head above the surface .
He wasn't like his father, he wasn't capable enough to take over this whole thing, it was too much for him.
But what could he possibly do?
There was no one else but him so quitting wasn't an option, and even if there was someone else to take over he simply couldn't let someone else to handle this firm that his father loved so much.
The only reason he clung to this firm and to the job he hated was his father. He wanted to make him proud, to have something in common with him.
Due to the incident his father ceased interacting with him and it hurt terribly. He knew he had to do something to make his parents go back to how they were before, to make their cold eyes disappear.
He couldn't live like that, being hated.
So he picked up law to study at college and got together with Lizzy, and it worked. They started to take interest in him, took him and Lizzy out to have family fun together and it felt so good. They no longer hid him from others, his mother mentioned to all of her friends how successful her son was and his father genuinely took pride in him. The dark atmosphere was gone and he felt great, he was happy.
Or so he willed himself to believe.
Because somehow it kept hurting, he was smiling but it didn't reach his eyes . He felt as if he was losing himself and it was so scary that he had to do something.
So he found his resolve. He sated that part of him that felt thirsty , that part that longed to be held, to be loved by a man.
From old motels to dirty bathrooms of shady bars, he took his chances with strangers just so he could keep his sanity.
He knew he was wrong, he felt guilty, he was betraying Lizzy. She really deserved better than the filth he was.
But he couldn't stop, he couldn't. He was afraid that if he did , if he lost those pieces of his true self, it might end bad for him...
He had a wife and a respectable job and a status, he had everything that anyone else would want, but he didn't really want any of that.
He felt guilty and ungrateful, along his adult life he experienced many emotional lows that were caused by his unrelenting thoughts. He always hoped that someday it would all change, that someday he would change . He was caged, stuck, at lost and no matter how much he wanted to blame others, he knew he was at fault. Only he could break free from what's holding him back and preventing him his freedom.
But the price was too high.
He was tempted many times to act out and just be himself, but that fear he had of once again watching his father collapse because of him or worse, left him incapable.
Why be selfish?
He could continue with his false life, faking his happiness and satisfaction while he sneaked behind his wife's back to screw strangers. It was the ideal outcome. No one got hurt , knowingly at least.

Timothy was startled from his thoughts as the door to the room was thrown open, his eyes widened .
"W-what are you doing here?" he swallowed with effort, in shock.
He was the last person he expected to see here, his heart started to throb painfully yet excitedly.
He didn't answer as he carefully closed the door behind him and advanced towards the bed .
"Archibald?"
Timothy whispered, trying to read his expression.
Timothy gasped as he found himself in a tight embrace, wrapped in Archibald's arms.
It was so warm and a bit uncomfortable but his heart was dancing wildly in his chest .
He didn't know what to make of it.
Why was he here? Wasn't he over with him?
He wanted to confront him , but instead he found himself closing his eyes and leaning on the man, seeking his heat.
It felt so good to have him there, to feel him against his body. He smelled so good and Timothy couldn't help but nuzzle him, forgetting anything that happened with that man.
He wanted to be closer to him, needed it so much but he didn't know how to achieve that so he just pressed more to his warmth.
Archibald was shaking, Timothy could feel that and it scared him a tad bit.
"Are you okay?" he whispered, trying to withdraw from him.
"Don't " Archibald sighed and pulled him back.
" I... I heard you collapsed and I came here as soon as possible. They wouldn't let me in at first , but I know the one in charge of the hospital . "
Timothy nodded, he was surprised of Archibald's behavior. The air of dominance and superiority was taken away by vulnerability that he never thought the man had in him.
"I'm just glad you're okay, I was worried you know. " he sighed.
Timothy felt all warm and fuzzy inside, a smile stretched on his lips. The almighty Archibald Carmichael actually cared about him?
Timothy paused.
But how does that add up to his previous acts? was he playing with him?
That thought pained him.
He had to know.
"Why are you here?" he asked and pushed Archibald back, staring at him with a frown.
"I just told you, didn't I? I was worried about--"
"Don't give me that!," he cut him off with a glare " Worried about me? you didn't seem all that worried when you were with that blond at the party! " he accused.
The warm atmosphere faded as the reason he was mad flashed back in his mind .
Was this all a joke?
How could he walk in here and act like nothing happened and pretend to care? He got tired of him and threw him aside for some other new toy!
"He was just an escort!" Archibald defended.
"An escort? that's even worse don't you think? It seems like the only way you can get in someone's pants is by blackmail or paying them up!" Timothy huffed incredulously.
"What? you got me wrong! and who the hell did I blackmail? " he protested .
Timothy stared at him dryly.
"Me! you bastard! " he growled.
"Well you can't really call that blackmail if you liked it ! or are you going to deny that ?" Archibald smirked.
"Liked it?" Timothy laughed at Archibald's cocky look, the arrogant asshole was back alright.
"Worst sex ever!" he exclaimed with a smirk of his own, knowing deep down he didn't really mean it but that guy was just asking for it.
"Worst sex ever? more like the best sex of your life!" Archibald was livid.                "As if! I've had better ones!"
It was almost amusing how fast it escalated to this fully heated argument.
"Better than me? you're delusional! " Archibald shook his head furiously.
"Do me a favor, you were begging for it from the beginning! "
Timothy laughed maniacally.
"Begging for what? your mediocre performance? any guy would do better!"
"Well no guy is going to touch you from now on!" Archibald snarled.
What the hell did he mean by that?! did he imply that Timothy was too used to be wanted by anyone?
Fucking asshole! I will punch his face!
"And why is that you bastard? because you think I'm no good? huh?" he demanded, ready to blow up all his anger on this infuriating man.
"Because you're fucking MINE!" Archibald growled and before Timothy could even process his words, the man was smashing their lips together roughly.
Timothy eagerly kissed back with as much force, moaning at the back of his throat.
Their passion fueled from the anger and the frustration that bitterly hung in the air. They were hungry for each other, it has been too long.
Timothy bit Arch's lower lip hard enough to almost draw blood, the man grunted in response before he deepened the kiss, his tongue brutally evading Timothy's mouth to taste him.
Timothy didn't surrender easily as his tongue battled Arch's for dominance, his lips felt sore and he was breathless but stopping was the last thing on his mind.
His hand went to Archibald's hair, tugging on it before he grabbed , enjoying the deep moan Arch let out.
It felt so good to kiss him liked that, to be kissed by him. There was still a lot to talk about of course, but now wasn't the time, he would do that later.
Arch nibbled on Timothy's lower lip, sucking it to his mouth before he hungrily attacked his lips again .
Timothy moaned into the kiss, loving the feel of Arch's soft yet firm lips.
Shit it feels good
"OH MY GOD!"
The scream made them pull from each other abruptly and look towards the door, where a very stunned Lizzy stood.