4

Timothy was having a hard time. more than a hard time actually - he was a nervous wreck ball. His father informed him that the meeting was rescheduled for about two weeks from now, meaning he had less time to prepare and he had to fully immerse himself in organising his presentation while neglecting everything else. He came early at morning, left late at night, closing himself in his office and getting out only to eat something light or go to the bathroom. He put on hold any meetings he had or plans, letting his secretary and workers take care of everything, he trusted them enough for that. However for his main mission of impressing Archibald Carmichael, he trusted no one but himself to come up with the ideas and execute them.
Everything had to be perfect.
"Shit! " Timothy cursed as his laptop shut off. He forgot to charge it. again. "Shit! Shit! Shit! " he muttered again and again, his breath coming out ragged. He was so stressed.
He pressed a button on the telephone on his desk.
"Yes boss?" He didn't even feel like correcting her.
"Alicia my laptop shut off, can you please bring me yours? "
He asked while his fingers fumbled, looking for a pen on his disorganised desk. where was it? he put it right there!
"I'll bring it "
"Thanks " Timothy muttered and the call disconnected. He groaned in frustration at the mess of papers on his desk, where the hell did he put his pen? damn!
"God, I'm losing it, " he shook his head "Calm down you moron " he took a deep breath and counted to ten before letting it out, he repeated the action until a knock on the door interrupted him.
"Come in!"
Alicia opened the door to his office, carrying her laptop, she smiled but her eyes were worrying.
"Do you need anything else?" she asked but he shook his head. She turned to leave but hesitated before spinning around to face him again. "I'm worried about you Timothy "
"I'm fine" he shrugged and skimmed through his papers. "No, you're not. You're overdoing it, working yourself to exhaustion! You have dark circles around your eyes, when was the last time you slept? "
"Last night " he answered shortly while rolling his eyes.
"I meant more than three hours! "she glared at him. He sighed. "It's just an hectic period of time, once the meeting with Mr Carmichael would be over I'll be back to my usual self. For now I have to endure and make sure the material we'd present him would be perfect and nothing less." Timothy hoped she'd leave him be now and let him focus back on work, he appreciated her concern but he didn't have time to deal with it right now .
"I understand that, believe me and I want you to know we all support you but for that meeting you need to look presentable, right now you barely look human. "
She had a point. Timothy looked like shit -Dark circles around his eyes, pale face, wild scruff that needed taming and he probably needed an haircut too and when exactly was the last time he ate?
Fuck. He was a mess. The cool facade he always maintained cracked and shattered due to stress.
Just... What the hell am I doing? . He thought. With a sigh he lifted his eyes to meet her.
"Thanks Alicia. Can you please make an appointment at Pedro's, I need an haircut. " she nodded and smiled before leaving his office.
"I'm a mess " he murmured to himself. He was good at what he did, he brought pride to the firm, he was successful. So what the hell scared him about the upcoming meeting with Carmichael? he was sure of himself and his abilities, he had experience and knowledge and to be honest despite the fact that it was THE Carmichael that he had to persuade to sign, He wasn't shaken by that. Timothy was truly afraid of the outcome if he did fail. No , he didn't care about losing who could possibly be their biggest client - it wasn't about profit. He was scared of how his father would take it. To say he didn't fail in the past in convincing potential clients to sign would be a lie , but none of them was as major and important to his father as Carmichael. What would happen if he failed? His father's health wasn't good since that damned day back then when Timothy...
With the way his father was engaged in the firm, losing Carmichael could cause him some serious stress and Timothy didn't want that. His Father was already excited because of the meeting and Timothy's mom reprimanded him it was bad for his health but of course he didn't listen to her. He listened to no one but himself. He never listened...