03- The Assignment

Start from the beginning

It's an easygoing night to start. Everyone is mingling as we walk slowly around the room. "Found him" I say simply. "Do what you need to" Colby whispers pulling his arm away from me. I make my way across the room to the bar making sure to make eye contact with our guy as I take a seat. I order my drink and the bartender goes to work.

The seat next to me moves and I look to see some random guy. a few seats down I see the target watching me with a 'fuck me' smirk. "Hello there" He smiles at me. "Hello yourself" I say with a giggle. "What's a pretty thing like you doing alone?" He asks curiously. "Ugh. My date that I was set up with turned out to be a self righteous asshole" I say as my drink is set infront of me. "Well that is never any fun. Would you like some company?" He asks.

"Right now, I need to slip out for girl things. But I will definitely find you later." I tell him with a smirk as I gaze our his shoulder to meet the gaze off the target. I send him a message through my eyes and slide off my chair hoping the idiot got it. "Good job babydoll. He's trailing" I hear Colby as I pass him. I smirk and continue my way to the balcony.

I slip out the doors and shut them going to lean on the railing. After a minute the door opens. I spin around acting shocked as he walks out. "Sorry. I didn't know anyone else was out here" He lies smoothly. Of course I knew it was a lie. "You scared me" I giggle softly. "My bad. What are you doing out here all alone?" He asks coming to stand with me by the railing.

"Needed air. To many hormonal guys who think they can swoon a girl with just a smile and a compliment." I huff leaning on the railing again. "I bet I could swoon you" He jokes but I know it's not really a joke. "Well you can try" I giggle looking at him. "Why don't we, skip the Galla. And go get a drink somewhere more private?" He questions with a seductive grin.

"Where are you thinking?" I ask smiling at him. "Maybe my hotel room? We can talk all night. Maybe at the end of the night I'll get a kiss" He shrugs. "That sounds perfect. Lead the way" I smile. He wraps an arm around my waist leading me back into the big ball room. I meet Colbys eyes who gives me a knowing smirk. He knew I had already got the mission done.

He slowly started to follow us out. We got outside and a sleek black car was waiting for us. I slide in with him seeing Colby sliding into the limo behind us. We drive for a while until we get to a hotel. "So what room are you in?" I ask as we head inside. "The penthouse" He smirks as if he's bragging. "The penthouse?! Oh I've always wanted to see what it looks like in there" I squeal loud enough for Colby to hear me.

"You'll see plenty of it tonight" He says with a smirk. I hold back my grimace but hear Colby laughing behind me. We get into the elevator and go up to the penthouse and when we get in I look around in amazement. "Would you like a drink?" He asks. "I'm alright for now. Maybe in a little bit" I smile dazzlingly at him.

He gets himself a drink coming back over to sit with me on the couch. He tells me stupid stories but I have to act interested. And eventually I let him 'seduce me' and we end up in his bed. I had made sure to go to the bathroom and slip off my holster before hand putting it in my clutch. I pretended to enjoy the kiss when really, it was gross.

His hands grope all over me as he slides my arms out of the small sleeves the dress has. "What's this?" He asks curiously. I turn my head to see what he's talking about and see the makeup over my tattoo wiped off. I looked back to him and yanked the gun out of his suit before he could reach for it. "One wrong move. And your dead." I say quietly as I point it at him.

I throw him off me calling Colby in. I see 2 extra agents showed up to help. To make it short, the asshole kicked the 2 extra guys ass which showed how new they were. Then he came at me. There were plenty of punches and kicks thrown until he got his gun from me and basically had me in a chokehold facing Colby.

Colby starts trying to reason with him which makes me roll my eyes. I take an idea from the hunger games and subtly make an 'X' over his hand. Colby gives me a subtle no. But I keep doing it. The idiot wouldn't stop talking and ranting about wanting to be let go with no charges so Colby finally listened.

He shots the guys hand and like I thought it went through his hand completely and into my shoulder. He releases me and I fall to the ground in pain. The 2 extra guys suddenly pop back up and handcuff the target as Colby runs to me. "You're an idiot you know? I didn't wanna shoot you" He says picking me up. "It was the only way we'd get him without one of us dying" I say hissing in pain.

"You 2 take the limo back to the agency. Tell Asher I'm taking her to the Cullens to get fixed. Have him call me if he wants an explanation." He tells the newbies. He sets me in a car before running to the driver side and jumping in. He speeds down the roads like a maniac. He handed me a few towels to hold on my wound to try and stop the bleeding.

"I'm getting really light headed here" I mumble. "Stay awake damn it! We're almost there! Come on Cali keep your eyes open. Talk to me" Colby rushes. "About what?" I ask. "Tell me your favorite color" He says stressed. "Blue. You know this" I chuckle then wince. "Don't laugh. Shit Cali why did you ask me to do that" He mumbles. The car slams to a stop and hes out of the car and at my door in no time. He runs with me in his arms and kicks a door. The door flies open and I hear multiple gasps.

"What did you do to her?" I hear Jaspers angry voice. "Shut up asshole. I told him to do it" I mumble weakly. "Colby, please follow me" Carlisles calm voice calls. There's movement before I'm laid down. "Please save her. She said in the car she was lightheaded." I hear Colbys Desperate voice. "Of course. Please just have a seat over there so I can work" Carlisle says softly. After that, I'm consumed in darkness.