Voices all around

Start from the beginning

She tightened her grip on the bowl and started at the ground. "I just . . . wanted to have some fun."

"This isn't fun," Adrien said as a matter of fact. "This isn't following Voice. I don't want to be in trouble because you think you know better. But Voice has lived far longer than any of us. She knows best, and if she thinks painting would be fun, She would say in a sign."

He took the bowl from her and stormed away. Nino watched in horror as Marinette ran after him.

Marinette managed to grab his arm, but she wouldn't stop him from going forward. "Adrien. Where are you taking my paint?"

"Away so you don't them."

She partially growled. "They're my paint, not yours, why do you care about them?"

"I don't." he said as he final stopped. Marinette was launched forward, but she recomposed herself and stood in front of Adrien. He looked at her, then looked away. "I just don't want to know what Voice would do to those who disobey."

She rolled her eyes at him. "I'm not disobeying Her. I'm just doing more things that I want to do along with her things." She looked up at him with weary eyes. "Is that bad?"

He took a moment to think. He thought and thought for a while and his grip on her paints loosened. He sighed in defeat and handed her back the paints. "I suppose not."

She took back her bowl and squealed in delight. "Yeah! Adrien, I knew you'd get it."

–––

Adrien watched as Alya and Marinette run around the gather and holding thin slabs of bark. Marinette held it while her friend showed or something on it. She was also holding her bowl of painting. He walked forward to see what they were trying to do.

"With this system, we could start counting how much food we need and how many people we have. We could paint any information we want on here. This could help us so much." she argued.

However, there was one man to retort. "Young girl. There is no need for this. Voice will provide us with everything we need. If she decides that we do not need for food, do be it. She has her will." The nose that arose from her idea began to settle down and b became murmurs of suspicion. "Or do you not believe that Voice has this power?" More murmurs broke out, some glared at her. "This would be a disgrace to her. She would put her Wrath on you for disobeying her will."

In anger, the crowd rose up and started agreeing with the man. They all followed him because Voice appointed him to be her speaker.  Andre glared down at the girl. And everyone called at her, a disobeyer, and a Voice Killer.

Water welled in her eyes as she stared back with her own anger. She grabbed Marinette and ran into the forest. Adrien was shocked to see her face so red and puffed. He rushed towards them and caught up to see the black haired girl sooth her friend. "I think it was an amazing idea."

He stepped forward. "You didn't have to share it though." he said. The two looked up to see him. Both frowned at him, but one scowled more. He gulped and continued. "We have simple lives here. Voice provides everything we could ever want. We don't need something like a system to keep track of everything. We don't need it."

Alya growled at him and marched forward. "I know that, pretty boy. But if we always depend on Voice, how will we learn to depend on ourselves? How can we ever learn for ourselves if we don't even ask Voice." She turned away and marched up to a tiny plant. Pointing to it she said, "I made that. All on my own. I ate a fruit, got sick and pooped, then buried it. After a few months of rain, I found it again and saw tiny leaves coming out of the ground.