New Friend

Meliodas' POV:

I was woken up by my alarm which read 7:00 am. Today is the day i start a new school! My uncle owns the place and let me join. It's a school for people with special powers like me.

I changed into a black t-shirt and blue jeans while making sure to grab a jacket. My brothers abuse me everyday so I am always covered in cuts and bruises that's why I either wear long sleeved tops or jackets. I tiptoed downstairs and cooked breakfast. I made a full English and placed it onto two plates on the table. My cooking was horrible but I didn't really care as I wasn't eating it!

I always have to get up and cook breakfast for my brothers. Even if im ill. I never eat a proper meal because of them. I was about to leave when I was called. Kind of.

"Oi brat! Where do you think your going?" I turned around and saw Zeldris and Estrossa standing on the stairs.

"T-to school"

"Where's our juice moron?" Estarossa moaned

"In the fridge!" I ran out the house and headed for my new school. It was lucky I avoided that fight. They always fight me in the mornings so it's a miracle i made it out before then.

Elizabeth's POV:

I was leaving for school when I saw a short blonde haired boy walking in the same direction. I didnt recognise him but I had heard we were getting a new student in my class so maybe that was him? I ran over and tapped him on the shoulder. He froze but looked back at me. When he saw me, he sighed in relief. Why?

"Are you heading to Kingdom High?" I asked. He nodded

"Oh then you must be Meliodas! Your going to be in my class! Wanna walk with me?" He looked shocked but nodded none the less.

"You are Meliodas right?" He nodded once more. Why wasn't he speaking?

"Well it's nice to meet you! I'm Elizabeth! If you want you can stay with me for break and lunch" I smiled

"T-thanks" his voice was really quiet.

"Well Meliodas, I'm going to introduce you to my friends and then you can join our group!"

"G-group?"

"Yeah! The seven deadly sins, you will join right?"

"S-sure"

"Are you okay? You keep stuttering" he nodded

"I'm just not sure how to react. I've never been in this situation before"

"Do you mean you've never talked to people before?" He nodded

"I never made friends at my last school so I didn't talk to anyone"

"Oh. But that's about to change! Your my new friend now!" His eyes lit up

"Really?"

"Yep! Now come on!" I grabbed his hand and ran towards the bench me and the sins sit at since we were at school. They all looked at me and waved.

"Hey Elizabeth! Who's that?" Ban pointed at Meliodas who was rubbing his wrist where I was pulling it. I know for a fact I didn't pull him hard enough to hurt him.

"Guys this is Meliodas! The new student!" I explained

"Oh! Is he joining the group?" Diane asked

"Yep! If that's okay with you!" Everyone nodded. I looked back at him to see him frowning at his phone. He put it away and looked at us.

"Well Meliodas! It's nice to meet you!" King smiled.

Meliodas' POV:

I can't believe that Elizabeth wants to be my friend! I wasn't exactly lying when I said about me not making friends. I just can't tell anyone the truth. The real reason I didn't have friends was because I was Zeldris' younger sibling. Zeldris had a group of friends called the ten commandments, and because they were so popular they never got in trouble. They started to bully me because I was so weak. Nobody stood up to them as they didn't want to be bullied as well.

"Meliodas, let's go to class" Elizabeth smiled at me. The others must have different classes as they walked in the other direction. She grabbed my wrist again which made me wince In pain but she didn't notice. Luckily.

She took me to the class and made me sit next to her. She told the teacher and he agreed. I wonder why she wants to be my friend? She seems so popular and I'm a nobody.

The lesson ended and we walked back to the bench we were at earlier. The rest of the sins were there and they waved us over.

Ban's POV:

Meliodas seems really nice. We were all joking and getting to know Meliodas when I noticed something. I saw a cut on his wrist. It didn't look like self-harm or like it was made on accident. It looked like it was made on purpose.

"Hey Meliodas" he looked at me and so did the others.

"How did you get that?" I pointed at his cut and his eyes widened. He pulled his jacket down and looked upset

"I umm cut myself while cooking something the other day" his voice was breaking and it was if he was upset. I knew then that he was lying to us. The cut was too far up his wrist to be done on accident. What's your story Meliodas? How did you get that cut?

"Anyway break is almost over! So shall we head back to class?" Diane asked

"Sure" we all headed to class but couldn't stop thinking about Meliodas and his cut. Did he have more? Did someone do that to him? If they did, why did they do it?

Meliodas' POV:

I can't believe that I let Ban see my scar! If they found out I had more that would make them worry about me. I don't think the lie I told was that believable because nobody looked like they did believe it! What am I gonna do? I didn't even have time to think of a good excuse! That will definitely make them suspicious of me!