Chapter 16

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS CHAPTER OH MY GOD
YOU MAY READ ON NOW *squeals*

"Do you really think that's a good idea?" I ask, cocking my head to the side in pure confusion.

"It was weird without you, you need to come back." Bells insist, Max agreeing with her in the back.

"I honestly don't think she should come back," Troy disagrees, "I didn't have to deal with the stupidity of your silly school friends for the past two years."

"I didn't have to deal with your stupidity for the past two years." I defend my friends.

"That's true." He nods, agreeing with me, therefore proving my point.

"Come back with us, Aqueels!" Bells begs.

Bells, Max and Troy were leaving tonight to Minnesota, and they thought that they could convince to just leave my life and Mason in New York.

And to be honest, it was working.

I give a side glance to Mason, who was silently listening to our debate on one of the seats.

My eyes search his for any type of objection to the topic.

He gives me a quick nod, go ahead.

I let out a shaky breath, trying to search for something, anything, that would be a good enough reason to go.

Landing on Jay, who was silently brooding in the corner, my eyes look at his posture. They roam his body and I realize, it's either Mason or Jay.

Probably one of the hardest decisions I had to make.

If it was two years ago, I would go with Jay, without a second thought or hesitation. But now, that I have gone through accidents and surgeries and migraines, I see that Mason stuck with me 'till the end. Even now, after many reassurances done by doctors and I, he still gives me a look of concern every now and then.

He's the only one that knows what I've been through, and call me selfish but I want it to stay that way.

I make a decision, "I'm sorry, but my life is here now. Maybe a few years down the line I would be able to leave and move back to Minnesota. Mason's business is blossoming and I want to be by his side when it's taken off," I look into her eyes, "I promise you that once it does, I'll buy a plane ticket to my home and I won't leave. I'll stay. For good."

"Okay." Her eyes display disappointment and rash depression. "I understand."

Then she suddenly scowls and I grow afraid, thinking her sudden angry-ness is directed at me, but she turns to Troy and digs into her packets and slams a twenty into his open palm.

"Ha, ha, ha ha, ha!" Troy teases, dancing in circles around her.

"If you don't shut up, I swear to all that is good and harmonic in this world, I will end you." Bells glowers.

"Yeah, yeah, little sis. You wouldn't hurt me." His point is therefore frowned upon by the Guy Upstairs because Bells soon backhands him so hard he ends up flying out of his position unto the ground.

"You guys bet on me?!" I ask, mouth agape as I poke Troy's body with the toe of my shoe to soon find out that he's unconscious.