Preface

PREFACE-

Aqueela's POV

I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe him. I was fooled. And Jay was right, and as much as I hated to admit it, Grey was right.

I angrily unlocked my car and got in, cursing my father. 

I started the engine and sped out the stupid parking lot of the stupid building of the stupid man.

What Lars said really got to me. The worst part is, he was right. I was nothing but a waste of resources. I just caused trouble and everyone would be better off without me. 

Jay would be better off without me.

Wait, did I just pass a red light?

Then, there was a sound of tires screeching on the pavement and metal hitting metal but it all seemed so far away, like an echo. I turned to my right and saw the front of a car buried into the side of my car. I looked down to see the pieces of glass stuck on my side.

"Uh-oh," I mumbled.

I hear another screech coming from somewhere to the left of my car.

And that's all I could remember.

I awoke a few moments later. 

I looked around to find luminscent lights reflecting the white glossy walls that surrounded me. I was laying in an umcomfortable bed, tightly tucked in by the bed sheets. A poster reminding me to wash my hands was hung alongside a small whiteboard that held my name, birthday and other information that I didn't recognize.

Then I saw a red button.

Oooh, red button. Push.

I pushed it and I waited to see what happens.

I was obviously joking I knew it's the help button. Maybe. I didn't know. Most likely.

A young woman dressed in scrubs came rushing in along with a middle aged woman sporting a lab coat and a very pregnant belly.

Yes, it was definitely the help button.

"Hello, Ms. Lawson. I'm Doctor Ana Wright, and I'll be your doctor while you're here." She gestured to the lady beside her before continuing. "She's Ashley Lineman and she's your nurse. Does anything hurt? Do you need anything?" She asks nicely.

"Um, yeah kind of," I said, nervously playing with my fingers, "what exactly happened?"

"You got in an accident," she replied calmly.

"What accident?" I asked her but immediately remembered the loud soung of tires recklessly sliding on concrete. "Wait," I say quietly, almost solemnly, "I remember being in my car. What happened to me?"

Doctor Wright stared at me with pity and I recoiled, hating it. "There was an accident, two cars hit your car at 15 miles-per-hour from either side," she tells me, trying to remain calm so I don't feel as freaked out, I'm assuming.

But it didn't work.

"What?" I said, sitting up, despite every muscle protesting against that action. "Am I okay? Is there anything I need to worry about?"

"Our observations and check-ups have been limited to simply checking your vials, your blood pressure, and your heart rate because of your dormant state," she explained to me, "We didn't want to intrude without having your consent. After the emergency surgery, we decided it was best to keep you stable and alive before we conduct any further investigations."

"You mentioned a dormant state. How long was I asleep for?" I said, confused.

"2 weeks, Ms. Lawson."