Chapter 9

(A/N:Thought you should know beforehand, this chapter is dated on Halloween. Meaning it's Halloween.)

"Would you stay still for a minute?!" Jay yells at me exasperated as I run from animal to animal.

"But the monkeys are so cute!" I whine as Jay grabs my wrist roughly and drags me away from the cute creatures.

"If you don't get over your imaginary sugar rush, we're leaving before we get to the Botanical Garden." Jay reprimands me.

"But the mon-" I start, pouting like a child, before I get cut off.

"We aren't going to be seeing any monkeys if you don't shut up." He growls in my ear, his hot minty breath fanning on my cheek

I gasp as I feel his chest hit my back. The corners of my lips twitch as a comeback hits me. "Gosh, Jay. You're more of an animal than the monkeys, getting me flustered and all. And in public."

Jays eyes widen as I turn around pat him on the chest. I skip out of the exhibit. I look over my to Jay and see he's still there with the same bewildered expression.

"You coming?" I wink at him. 

I chuckle to myself as Jay's footsteps follow slowly behind me.

I come to a sudden halt and I gasp loudly as I see an ice cream cart.

Jay, not being fully aware of his surroundings, bumps into me letting out a quiet oomph.

"What now?" Jay grumbles, running a hand over his face.

"Ice cream!" I yell at him, pointing excitedly to the guy in a blue apron with some cursive writing on it.

"Aqueela," he says through gritted teeth, eyeing the poor innocent man who was giving the ice cream to a lady and her two sons but is now looking at me warily. "It's not polite to point."

I ignore him and say, "Can you pwetty pwease get me some ice cweam?" I fake my best baby voice.

Jay looks down at my wide hazels eyes and holds my stare. 

"C'mon, Jay give a girl a break, I haven't had ice cream in a while." I say exasperated.

"I've wasted exactly two hundred and sixty three dollars with forty seven cents on you. What makes you think that I will waste more money?" He looks at the lion mask in my hand, accompanied by a light up plastic sword. Then his eyes travel upwards to my panda hat and the minnie mouse headband placed on my head with the hat on.

"Because I'm the best-est thing that has happened to you?" I take a guess.

"What happened to feeling bad about sleeping in my house, wasting all my money, and practically taking me for advantage." Jay says.

Although Jay says it with such lightness in his tone, his words still hit me hard. "Oh, right." I mumble as I walk over to a park bench and plop myself on it, my happy mood vanishing at those 20 words.

I look downward at my shoes and silently curse the laughing child next to me.

I look up and expect Jay to be where I left him, except he's not.

A small sense of panic starts in my head as I stand up quickly and look around frantically.

I see parents, kids, even teenagers but not the guy I'm looking for. I see costumes and wigs and painted faces, but not the dark blue jeaned black shirted guy I was frantically searching for.

I rapidly walk to the where we were standing before and spot a brown bundle of hair somewhere above the crowd of people

And guess where it was? Just guess.

Yeah. The freaking ice cream cart.

I angrily walk over to the direction of the ice cream cart, smoothly dodging people as I roll up my sleeves.

"You son of a-" I get cut off as a spoonful of bubblegum ice cream shoots in my mouth.

"Oh wow. O-Oh my. This is .. definitely something else." I say, looking at the ice cream placed in my hands. I grab the spoon and take a bigger portion than what was placed in mouth and devour it. I sigh happily as the taste explodes in mouth, my taste buds tingling in pleasure.

"You're welcome." Jay mumbles from my right.

"Oh yeah." I look at him. "Thank you." I say dismissively as I wave my hand, my attention back on the ice cream.

Then I look up at him again as realization hits me. "You son of an overrated walrus! How dare you eave me there alone?! I almost died, okay?" Alright, alright. I was definitely over exaggerating. But he needs to learn; Never leave Aqueela Lawson alone in a big crowd. You'll never know what I'll do. Probably posses them or something, make them my minions. "And was that whole squabble for, huh? You think this is a joke, big guy? Why would you argue with me, making me waste my breath, and then still comply to my demand? I will fight you Mister Bad Boy."

Jay rolls his eyes and then his eyes meet mine again. "Want to go see the penguins?" He asks tiredly.

I smile, forgetting about the whole situation. "Do I?"

"Well then, let's go." He says out loud but then mumble, "'cause if I have to deal with your rant one more time, I will shoot myself."

"I heard that." I say.

"It was meant to be heard."

~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~

I sneeze for the billionth time. "Bless you." Jay says ... for the billionth time.

"You know we should probably leave if you can't handle the pollen." Jay says, warily eyeing my red, watery eyes.

"No, no. I'm fine." I deny, even though my voice sounds raw and my nose is stuffed.

"Aqueela, I'm taking you home." He says sternly. He grabs my wrist roughly and drags me to the parking lot. I don't even bother to argue. I know I'm going to lose in this one.

Jay opens the door of the car for me and helps me climb in.

As the days get colder, the sooner that sun starts to set, and that is why it is 7 in the evening and the sky is as dark as Jay's black shirt.

I feel myself getting better as we drive further away from the Botanical Garden. I feel my eyes droop. 

I see Jay glance at me from the corner of my eyes.

And I swear I saw him smile before darkness filled my vision.

~-.-~

A/N: This was supposed to be posted yesterday, but I went trick or treating and I got back at 10pm. Now I'm in homeroom, trying to post this without getting caught.

THANK YOU GUYS SO SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR 2.4K READS AND 179 VOTES. It's so funny how these things happen while I'm sleeping. Like one night, I go to sleep with 2.2K, telling myself I need to post, and then I wake up with 2.4K reads. It's insane guys. Thank you so much for everything.

I really love you guys!

Expectations

2.6K overall reads

185 overall comments

and 15 comments on this chapter

Thank you guys so much ... again

~xoAnneox~