"Because... if you left a perfect life for a guy like me, for a life like this... then it won't take much for you to leave me." His eyes lower to the ground. I let his words sink in. A perfect life... It wasn't a perfect life, I didn't leave anything for him – at least not what he thinks.

"I'm not leaving..." I repeat quietly.

"What happens when the next thing comes around and you want to take a chance with that?" His eyes look at me now, waiting for an answer, demanding an answer.

"You're all the chance I need." I murmur, sliding onto his lap, keeping my legs off of him as I sit sideways. His eyes rise to mine as his arms instinctively wrap around my waist. I feel the same warmth and protection I always do when he holds me – but this time I savor it. I've missed his arms so much, moments like these.

I gently run my fingers down his face to his chest, resting my hands near the base of his neck. I stare at my hands on his chest for a moment, noticing the dark ink under the white fabric.

"I just... Zayn I don't want to end this... I don't and I hope you don't either."

"I don't." He confirms quietly, his thumbs beginning to massage into my hips. I feel warmth flooding my body but let out a light breath to stay concentrated.

"We need to talk, get to know each other." I explain as he nods slowly. "I need you to be open with me because... I'm trying Zayn I really am... but it scares me when I feel so vulnerable and open around you and you shut me out." I tell him everything I've felt for a while.

"Alright... Ask away." His quiet voice murmurs. I think for a moment how I want to start the conversation.

"Well... who was your best friend in high school?" I start simple, just little facts.

"His name was Nate... He wasn't exactly my best friend, but we were close." He shrugs.

"What was the most fun and adventurous thing you did?" I know the questions seem silly but it's what I wanted to know. I just wanted to know about him, about his past, about everything.

"Nate and I broke into a shop one night, put some graffiti on the walls, stole a few things." He shrugs with a smirk. Of course that was what he did. I laugh at that and shake my head.

"How about something legal?" I raise an eyebrow as he leans back into the couch, pulling me closer as he continues.

"I um... One day Nate and I ditched school and went to the beach." He shrugs. "It was fun, believe it or not I didn't really ditch a lot of school back then." I smile at his open state.

"Do you miss your mom?" I hope that it's not pushing anything by asking about his family. I bite my lip waiting for an answer.

"Yeah." He murmurs. His hands leave my waist, one resting on my thigh as the other lightly begins to rub my arm. I love the comfort and care I'm feeling – I don't feel like I did this morning.

Strange how Zayn's emotions could do a 180 and how he could do the same to my emotions. I felt so comfortable and calm right now, so content and happy with him holding me, with him being open about things.

"How old are your sisters?"

"Safaa is the youngest, she's nine and Waliyha is fifteen now." Two sisters, I imagine what his sisters could look like. Did they look like Zayn? Or did they look completely different? I wonder if they miss Zayn or if they were even close to him.

"Pretty names." I comment, pulling a loose piece of hair from my ponytail behind my ear. "What's your moms name?"

"Trisha." He replies, his hand that rubs my arm lowers down to my hand. He intertwines our fingers as he stares at me. I stare into his eyes – he isn't angry or mad, he's... calm – just like I am.