42. My Messed Up Life

I took a deep shaky breath stealing my look away

I took a deep shaky breath stealing my look away. Joseph finally asked me the question I was afraid the most. He asked me if I had feelings for him. Well to answer a question you need to know the answer yourself and in my current case I didn't know it. After a long minute of thinking, struggling to find the right words I turned my face around. Letting our eyes latch on each other. "I..." I hesitated to gain the power I need to, to let the word out. I opened my mouth again when my phone rang.

"Shit." Joseph cursed biting his lip.

I pushed Joseph aside and ran to my purse to take my phone, thanking God for sending me the skip I needed.

Jason's name was flashing on the screen. I rolled my eyes. I had told him to not to call when I was with Joseph but he still did. His jealousy was starting to make me crazy. "Jason?" I answered.

"Kate... Katy..." He called me with his voice shaking.

"Honey, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked concerned.

"My parents." He sobbed.

"Your parents what? What's going on?"

"Hey Katy. It's me Dave."

"Hi. What's going on there?" I asked pressing my palm against my forehead worried.

"Someone just called Jason and said his parents had an accident and told him that he should go to New York." Dave explained.

"Oh my God. How are they?"

"We don't know. The guy said he doesn't have the permission to tell us more. He said that we should go there. He didn't even told us if they are alive or not."

"Call Jason's aunt. They live in New York. Ask them to go to the hospital and let us know what happened to them." I suggested.

"We called them. They are out of town. We're going to the airport. There is a flight for an hour later and we hope to find a ticket for him."

"Okay. I'm coming to the airport then." I said.

"No. First go to Jason's and pack a bag of clean clothes and stuff for him. We left so in hurry that we couldn't take anything and then come to the air port."

"Okay. Okay. I want to go with him too. Buy me a ticket too if you can find one more." I said.

"Okay. Okay. See ya."

"Tell Jason I'll be there in a few minutes." I said then hung up.

"What had happened?" Joseph asked concerned.

I explained him everything while unlocking the door and taking another pair of shoes out of my old dressing room.

"We have a privet jet here. Let me call and tell them to get it ready for you guys. It's faster than a public plane." He said taking out his phone while we were running down the stairs in hurry.