27. Just Let Me Take Care Of You!

I was lying on my bed, forcing myself to close my eyes and fall asleep. I had already packed a bag full of clothes and another full of books. I was falling asleep that I heard bathroom's door opening, someone gaging and coughing.

I ran towards the door, knocked and pushed it open without waiting for an answer. I found Joseph sitting on the floor, leant on toilet and throwing up.

"Oh God. Joseph. Are you okay?" I asked worried, running towards him.

I knelt beside him and stroked his wet back that caused another gag. He pushed me back with his arm. "Get out." He wanted to shout but another cough broke his voice.

I didn't listen to him, instead stroked his back till he was done throwing up. I wiped his mouth with some toilet paper and helped him stand.

"What had happened?" I asked while we were walking in his room. He was soaked in sweat. His bed sheet as wet as his clothes, his body as hot as fire and when I say hot I don't mean it in a sexual way, he was really burning.

"What are you doing here?" He asked weakly before another dry cough escapes his throat. "You were supposed to stay at Jason's."

Suddenly a rush of guilt burnt my heart. How could I think he didn't want me here because of a girl? How could I think that low of him? God. I should have guessed that something was wrong. If I just had came back home last night he probably wouldn't be in this situation now. I would have taken care of him.

"You're burning. It's dangerous. I'll fill the bathtub with cold water for you." I said while he was sitting on the bed, resting his back against the head of the bed.

"I can handle myself. Go to your room. You can catch cold."

"No way." I said angrily. "You should have told me. I would have came back home last night. How could you don't tell me you idiot?" Then I walked back in the bathroom and opened the cold water. It filled after fifteen minutes then I got back to Joseph's room. "Common. Let me help you take off your clothes." I said getting closer to him.

"You should not get close to me." Joseph said shaking his head.

"Right and let you die. That's what you want?" I said harshly and took off his shirt.

"Get up." I commanded.

He got up slowly without saying a word. I took his pants off as well. Stripping him like that made my heartbeat tickle in my throat and I fought to maintain slow, even breathes. The view of him standing in front of me just in his boxers, made my skin damp and hot. I felt my knees getting weak and butterflies were flying around wildly in my stomach. I never had felt this way and I guessed it's what people call turning on. I hated myself for feeling that way specially with him in that miserable situation.

I shook my head to drive the stupid thoughts away from my mind and focus on helping Joseph. I took his arm and drove him in the bathroom and helped him get in the tub. He shivered. "It's so damn cold."