Chapter Sixteen: Two bullets short of a brain

⚠️SUPER VIOLENCE.⚠️

Chapter sixteen

Lorenzo held on to the small assassin, keeping her steady against his lap as they continued their silent staring match. Nadia scowled slightly at him, feigning annoyance which only sparked Lorenzo's amusement further.

"Boss," Nico muttered, the tension in his voice clear. All previous lightheartedness diminished instantly. Neither Lorenzo nor Nadia made a move, but both stiffened at the sound of Nico's voice. "someone is headed this way."

"A bit more of a description would be useful right about now, Nico," Nadia hissed at him, still not moving from where she sat straddling his boss, her chocolate eyes never wavering from his depthless grey ones.

"Tall guy, about six-two, six-three?" Giovani speculated lowly, speaking up to cover for Nico. "early forties, greying hair, scar running down his right cheek. Looks important, and pissed off. Very pissed off."

"Colt," Nadia responded, her jaw clenched, the slight action drawing Lorenzo's eyes down. If Leo wasn't holding her to the spot lord knows how she would have reacted to him arriving at their table.

Nico spoke up, leaning subtly towards the small assassin, finally catching onto the situation."Judging by the look on his face," he muttered, humour lightening his voice, "would it be wild of me to presume you were the one who gave him that scar?"

Instead of responding, she simply smirked at Lorenzo, who's eyes finally flicked back up to her own, watching her with a questioning look.

"Gentlemen," a deep gruff voice spoke from behind her. "I do apologise for the intrusion, but I wondered if I could have a word with the young lady who is in your company."

Nadia huffed, pressing her head against Lorenzo's chest before releasing herself from his grip and flinging her legs around to face the man who once owned her.

"Hey, Coco," she purred with a devilish smile.

The older man stood in front of their booth with both hands clasped firmly before him. He was dressed impeccably, exactly how she remembered, the exact opposite of the sleaze you would expect him to be, the dark blue suit matched with a blue tie that only heightened the ice blue of his eyes and tan of his skin.

Although his face had hollowed slightly with old age, and the scar across his cheek marred what was once flawless skin, he was still in remarkably good shape.

There was no denying it was him, just as she remembered him. Her heart hammered away in her chest but she kept her features impassive.

Colton's eyes pierced her own with a scowl so fierce it would make hell seem like a spa break. The last time she had seen him, that scowl was covered in his blood from the glass she had used to cut him, desperate to teach the bastard some manors.

"Good to see you again, Nadia," he ground out through gritted teeth, his jaw clenching and unclenching as he took in her appearance. "You've grown." His eyes settled on her chest.

"And you haven't changed a bit," she muttered through a sombre sigh.

Turning back to Lorenzo and his men, she silently tried to give them all a heads up of what she was about to do.

If Ivan truly was making dealings through the club, Colton would be reporting everything back to him.

As far as Colton was aware, Nadia had simply been bought by Victor as a private girl, trained to keep men pleased not trained to kill them. That was how she intended on keeping things. Men tended to underestimate women, and that would forever work in her favour.