37 - "Everybody has got to stop kissing me!"

Chapter 37

   The weekend passed by quicker than I expected. Maybe it was because I slept nearly the whole time. I just felt tired the whole weekend for some reason. I didn't want to get up. I didn't want to go see Rob. I didn't want to watch TV. I didn't want to call Sarah. I certainly didn't want to talk to Austin. So I slept.

   It was Monday now. The weekend was over. I couldn't sleep anymore. I looked at my reflection and groaned as I touched my cheeks. I was paler than usual an my hair was a mess. I turned on the faucet and splashed cold water on my face, hoping to wake myself up. I shaked my hands out and stared at the brush next to the sink and then looked down at my hair.

   This is going to take a while.

   After brushing my hair so it looks acceptable I brushed my teeth and finished everything up before walking out into my room. I shut my door and locked and leaned against the back of it for a second letting my eyes adjust to the light. 

    I ran a hand through my hair as I walked over to my closet and picked out a random black and white sweater. I jumped into a pair of black jeggings and put on a random red beanie lazily. I put on a pair of black converse and trudged over to the door of my room.

   "I'm ready!" I called to the end of the hall.

    "Let me finish my coffee," he replied. I followed his voice and found myself in the kitchen. I opened the fridge and pulled out a cup of yogurt. I grabbed a spoon and started eating.

   "You really need to get your driver's liscense," he stated and I playfully scowled at him. 

   "I will," I said in a whiney voice.

   "You're almost 17, Hayden, normal teenagers get them close to their 16th birthday."

    "Well when I turned 16 I was with my criminal dad in an abandoned warehouse," I said slyly and put a spoonful in my mouth. 

   He put his coffee down and grabbed his keys.

    "You're not going to let that go are you?" he asked with raised eyebrow. I scrunched up my face and shook my head. 

   "Well come on, it's time for you get to school." I hopped down from the counter and followed him outside. I stopped inside the doorway. Austin and Rob were getting into a car.

   "Thanks again for letting me crash at your place last night. My mom would kill me if she knew I was at a party like that," Austin said and went into the car. 

   "No problem," Rob replied and I waited a few seconds after their car left until I stepped out the shadows and quickly ran inside the car with my bag over my shoulder.

   ***

   "He so likes you," Sarah said nodding over to the corner of the hall where Austin was. I turned around and saw him staring him at me. He quickly turned away when I turned around and I laughed and turned around.

   "Maybe he's looking at me because he knows about you know," I said and frowned. Sarah sighed.

   "I feel you. I mean if Alex found out about me liking me, I just would be so mad and sad and I don't know. But I know that he doesn't like me. He likes someone else," she said the last part bitterly. I gritted my teeth, keeping myself from yelling at her. I know that she's mad about that but does she have to mention it every second and so bitterly?

   "C'mon, we have to get to drama," I said grumpily and Sarah smirked at me.

   "'The Love Project' with Austin Mahone and Hayden Shouse. This should be fun." I glared at her and turned around walking down the hallway.