29 - Partners with Alex

Chapter 29

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    "You like me?" he yelled in shock and stared at me as if I just told him I was a monster. I nodded, guiltily and looked at the ground.

   "Listen, this doesn't have to change anything between us. I already accepted that you don't like me-,"

   "How do you think  people would react to you liking me? They'd think I like you back and I don't. I don't like people like you, Hayden!"

   I still didn't look up at him.I sniffed silently, not letting him know that his words hit me right in the face and hard. He can't see me cry. He can't know I'm hurt.

   "And what exactly is your type?"  I remarked coldly, looking up but avoiding his eyes, "Pretty tall girls that will do whatever you want them to do?"

   "You don't me, Hayden so don't pretend you do. It's not my fault you're in love with me or something!" he yelled loudly and I bit my bottom lip so hard I could feel it bleeding but I didn't care. 

   "Do you honestly think I'd like you back? You're like a sister to me, nothing more, nothing less."

   With that said, he turned around and raced away from me, leaving me alone.

   "Wake up, we need to talk," a harsh voice said and I felt a sharp pain in my shoulders as I was being shaked. I grabbed the hand and yanked it off of me.

   "What do you want?" I asked grumpily, but you couldn't blame me could you? After last night... and that dream...

   "Good morning, sunshine," the sarcastic voice of Chelby said on the bunk above me and I groaned and looked at Sarah towering above me. She was still wearing her pajamas, but her hair was brushed and her make-up was already done.

   "We need to talk alone," she said emphasizing alone. I sighed and sat up with a sharp pounding in my head from sleeping on the hard mattress all night. I barely even slept. I kept thinking about...

   "Come on!" Sarah yelled and pulled me out of my bed and dragged me outside onto the porch. What's gotten into her? Why is she waking me up so early to talk to me? And why does she sound so mad?

   "What-?" I started but she already started talking.

   "You, Austin, kiss, last night," she said, not even making a sentence because she was shaking so hard. At first I thought she was just talking about truth or dare but then I realized...

   My eyes widened in shock. She knows. She knows I kissed him. She saw.

   "Sarah I swear I didn't mean it," I protested but she shook her head.

   "I saw that way you looked at him before you kissed him. That's the way I looked at Alex. It's love! Why didn't you just tell me?! I could've helped you out of it! I could've made you not like him! Why did you keep this from me?" she asked, her voice getting shaky and her voice raising in anger. 

   I didn't say anything. I was in pure shock. 

   I knew she would find out one day but I'd never though it'd be this way. I always thought that one day I would tell her and she would support me on it but I'd never thought she find out and yell at me for it.

   "I'm mad, you know I am, but I'm also sorry. Sorry I didn't realize before. Sorry that you had to fall for someone who is just going to break your heart. He's heartless-,"