6 - The Love Project

Chapter 6

I sighed and walked into drama class again. Apparently, we were hearing our new project today. 

I sat in the back next to Sarah again. She smiled at me and I smiled back. I took my phone out of my pocket and then decided to check on my YouTube account.

I smiled as I scrolled through the comments. I had gotten 1,000 more subscribers son YouTube and I now 100,000 followers on twitter. Man, people gain followers fast.

The teacher walked in and I quickly put my phone away and looked up at the teacher.

"Ok class, as you know today I will be telling you about the project. Now a lot of you will probably be asking why on earth are we doing this? and lots of other questions so just wait until I finish explaining what the project is and than I will answer all questions at the end," she explained.

I slumped down in my seat and sighed as she started announcing the project. Austin and Alex sat right in front of this time.

Suddenly the doors opened and Robert ran in.

"What are you doing here Robert?" the teacher asked.

"Um I switched classes," he said. She sighed and then pointed to a seat next to me.

"Ok now go sit in that empty seat and I was just about to announce a new project to everyone," she said and Robert smiled and sat down next to me.

"Ok this is a project that I like to call 'The Love Project.' So in a lot of plays we do, two people fall in love, and when they do I really need to see the passion. I need to believe that those characters are indeed in love. So that is why I decided to do this. It will last a month. But don't worry you will get a lot of days off and stuff. But I still assign you a partner of the opposite gender and you two will spend as much time as you possibly can together and you will go on 'dates' and one night I will even send a few couples out camping all together," she beamed. Everyone groaned. Even me. 

What's the point of this anyways?

"Ok so I made schedules for each group and you have to do whatever's on there. I'll just go ahead and pass them out," she said and then started passing the sheets of paper out. I looked at mine when she gave it to me and stared at it.

Tuesday: Go to the park together

Saturday: Go to the mall together

Thursday: Go to each other's houses.

What the heck?!

I looked over at everyone and saw they had the same expressions. Austin looked worse then everyone. He looked like he wanted to murder the teacher and that paper...

"Ok I will now name your partners:

Sarah and Rob

Alex and Kalie

Hayden and Austin...."

She named more names but I didn't listen.

She was kidding right...?

I looked over at Austin and he looked at me. We both had shocked expressions on our face.

There had to be a mistake. This wasn't happening.

I looked over at Sarah and saw she was staring at the ground.

"You okay Sarah?" I asked. She just nodded. I'll have to ask her about that later but I had my own problems!

She finished naming the names and then said we could just talk for the remainder of class. I'm pretty sure my face was either red or pale.

"I can't believe this," everyone started whispering. I sighed and leaned back in my seat.