33 - "You can't date two people."

Chapter 33

   "That's perfect," Sarah said as I looked at myself in the mirror. It was Friday, and in one hour was my "date." I sighed as I flattened out my shirt. 

   "Perfect isn't good enough" I groaned turning back to her, "Don't you have anything else besides designer tank tops?" She got up from the bed and walked over to me.

   "You look fine. Oh wait, I know what would make htis better. It'll be cold outside anyways," she said and before I could say anything she tossed me a dark gray blazer and a light gray beanie.

   "No," I said tossing them back to her.

   "Yes."

   "Whatever," I gave in, putting on the small jacket over the black lace tank top, and then fit the beanie over my hair. Sarah grinned at me and I pursed my lips, fake smiling back.

   "Okay why do you look so glum? Date with Austin? Hello? Where are you guys going anyways?" she asked laying down on the bed.

   "Amusememt park and then out to dinner, and it's just as friends," I pointed out to her and she rolled his eyes.

   "I bet he thinks it's a date. Do you ever wonder why he was so quick to say yes to go? He-," she started saying but I cut her off by throwing one of my shirts in her face.

   "Just stop," I snapped at her coldly, a little bit harsher then I meant. A hurt looks flashed on her face but she didn't say anything. I gritted my teeth together as the doorbell rang.

   Once Sarah heard it, all hurt left her face and she started smirking at me. I gave her a look of a panic as she got up from the bed and pushed me towards the hallway.

   "Omg, okay, do I look okay?" I asked quickly and she nodded rolling her eyes and pushed me down the hall.

   "You look fine, your boyfriend is awaiting."

   "Would you shut up? He could hear us. Now go home, I'm going on a date," I said proudly and sashayed away from her. Once my hand was an inch front the doorknob, the nerves started to kick in. What if I accidentally spill to Jonah? It will be so hard to watch him and Sky together and not tell him.

   I just have to stay strong, because if I don't, my whole relationship with Austin will be ruined. 

   I twisted the knob ever so slightly, my breaths becoming even more shallow, and pulled on the door, opening it wide enough to see Austin standing on the porch awkwardly. I bit my lip to keep from smiling like an idiot and closed the door behind me. He looked up, just noticing I was there, and grinned.