25 - Camping and Cabins

Chapter 25

The last chapter got nearly 90 votes! Unbelievable! So I have a big goal. I want to see if this will get to 100v and 20 comments. I will work on an update in the meantime and upload the next chapter once this chapters hits the goal. I can't believe this story has gotten so popular. Thank you all so much!

Also if anyone wants to make a cover please dm it to me. I will either use it or use it as a side banner :)

I sat on the edge of the bus waiting for everyone else to arrive so we could get on it. Sarah sat on her suitcase by my feet, bored.

I searched around to see who was here. A lot of people who were familiar but I didn't know their names were here. Rob and Alex were here. But Austin was nowhere in sight.

He was acting really weird today, now that I think about it. He didn't talk at lunch except in mutters I could barely hear and then he stormed off. I'll have to ask him what's wrong because I don't want him in a bad mood on this trip. It's already bad enough as it is. I can't have him make it worse for me.

A car pulled in next to the bus and I tensed up when I immediately recognized it.

Austin.

The front door open and he stepped out carelessly. His hair blew in the wind and he looked like one of those hot guys from romance movies for a second. He took out his suitcase and made his way over to me.

Me? Why is he coming over here. I looked at the ground, pretending I didn't notice him walking towards me. I felt him towering over me as he stopped walking. I found the courage to look up and found him giving me a hard look.

"We need to talk."

I gulped. Last time he needed to talk it was about him knowing that my dad was in jail. This couldn't be good.

"Um," I started but he interrupted me by pulling me by the arm away from Sarah so we could talk in private.

"Austin what are you doing?" I asked and jerked away from his grasp once he stopped. His face looked emotionless when he looked at me. Something else flashed in his eyes but he covered it up by looking away.

"You... does your dad know who I am?" he asked quickly in a hushed voice leaning his face closer to me.

"Does it matter?" I whispered to him and he flinched like I just slapped him.

"So he knows about me then?!" he snapped at me and I shrugged.

"Um my mom saw some of my friends and told my dad about them. Is it such a big deal?" I asked and let out a bitter laugh. He shook his head while biting his lips.

"A criminal knows my name! What is he a murderer? What if he finds out who I am and-?"

"Are you seriously assuming that I am related to a murderer? And Austin he doesn't know your name by the way," I told him coldly.

I was surprised by what he said. He was acting weird because he thought my dad was going to kill him? Wow, how do I even like him? If I wasn't attracted to him so much I would seriously slap him across the face right now.

His face immediately softened after I said that and he reached for my arm but I jerked away from him and walked back to Sarah not wanting to talk to him anymore.

Why did he have to be so hot?

***

"You don't understand," I told him, watching him study me up and down as I backed away from him, hitting the wall.