Chapter 2:

Maxon's Pov

She stood on her tippy toes and planted one small kiss on my cheek, that made my heart flutter. Than she left.

That was the last I saw of the love of my life. Her long red hair that was usually pulled back in tight braids and Loose curls, was falling down her back. Her body was clad in jeans and a t-shirt instead of a tight dress. Her flawless face was free of makeup. Yet she never looked more beautiful.

And I was never going to see her again.

Kriss came skipping up to me. "It's so sad to see her go. She has been one of my best friends in the competition. I'll have to have her over at the palace eventually once in a while," she chirped. "What do you think, Maxi?"

"She will he dearly missed," I breathed in agreement.

"I was thinking that we could do like a makeover. I always thought she'd look cute with side bangs. Maybe some layers..." Kriss rambled.

I attempted to put on my most apologetic look. "I would really love to hang out with you, but I have a meeting."

Her eyes took on a look of genuine sadness and her lip quivered into a pout.

"Why don't you select your new maids!" I offered enthusiastically.

Her ears practically perked up. In that moment she reminded me of a golden retriever.

"I want Americas maids. Her dresses are always amazing. Do you think I could go and see of any of America's old dresses fit me?" Kriss asked perkily. She said America way to many times.

"Anything you want sweetheart."

~oOo~ Kriss Pov

I wondered down to the maids quarters. I wanted Americas maids.

I want Americas maids beside they're my ticket out of here. They are the only way that I can sneak out of this place to get to the base. It really is a struggle sneaking around and all, but I can't tell him. He thinks America betrayed him and he can't think I did too. So I just have to get him to tell me where the diaries are, give them to the rebels.

"Your highness?" An older women with greying hair called out to me.

"Hi!" I greeted.

"What can I get for you?" She asked politely.

"I need to chose my new maids," I smiled.

"I'll get right on that."

The women shuffled over to some high tech thingy and pushed a button. "I need all maids in the common room," she ordered into the speaker.

She turned to me and smiled before leading me into a room full of hundreds of maids. I scanned the crowd before my eyes landed on three familiar faces. My ex maids. They looked hopeful and I felt bad for not choosing them. But this was for Maxon. He comes first. And for the rebels. They come second. I zeroed In on the faces of America maids.

I pointed them out. "I want them. Meet me in the princess suite in five hours. With a beautiful dress."

...

The dress they designed was truly beautiful. I would wear this dress every day if I could. That's not sanitary though. So I won't.

"It's lovely," I thanked them. "Did you make the blue dress I asked for?"