Chapter 1:

Disclaimer:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I don't own the selection
And neither do you

~oOo~

"How do we break in this time?"

I looked up at that question. My name wasn't actually said, but I'm the only one who is ever asked that question. I am pretty important here. You see, They're using me. For my information. During my stay at the palace I acquired knowledge that they need. How to break in. How to break out. When everything happened. And when is the perfect time to strike.

Don't worry. I'm only trying to help a good cause. I recently discovered My dad was part of the northern rebels. I'm trying to honor his legacy by helping them out. They're good people who only want to put an end to the castes. That's what I want too. They also want to stop the southern rebels. They're after Gregory Illea's diaries too. But they want to use them to bring down the monarchy and kill everyone in they're way. So I joined to help them get the diaries before the southern rebel do.

But I'm not alone. I have had the help of my closest friends. My old maids are now working as undercover northern rebels in the palace. Kriss wasn't kidding when she said she would steal my maids from me. They are now her maids. But it's okay. They are able to constantly get information from Kriss. And Maxon.

Aspen also joined once he was fired. I don't blame Maxon though. I wouldn't want to see Kriss waltzing around the northern rebel base. Why would Maxon want to see Aspen? After some convincing on my part they allowed him into the base.

Speaking of Kriss waltzing around the rebel base...that's something that happens. I already knew Kriss was a northern rebel once I saw her necklace. But I thought she would quit once Maxon chose her. Boy was I wrong. She is here whenever she can get away from the palace. But I don't hate her anymore. We're sort of...friends

I've made new friends here too. August and Georgia Illea are married. They're also direct descendant of Gregory Illea. There nice. They also keep me away from those who don't like me all that much. But my new best friend is Mariana. She's really cool. She has this way of effortlessly performing all types of amazing tricks. And we bonded over it.

They went a little too far to get me here though. I was terrified. It sent shivers down my spine to think of how they managed to get me too join. They accidentally sent out a rebel to get me who used to work for the southern rebels. He didn't quite understand the difference between asking me to come here and forcing me too. If was not a fun experience.

"What do you mean 'you popped a tire'! I have to be at the airport in half an hour!" I screamed.

The limo driver visibly paled. "I'm sorry, m'lady. But the repairman won't be here for a couple hours."

"You don't know how to fix a tire!"

He shook his head.

I pulled on the door handle.

"Where are you going?" The driver asked.

"I'm going to the airport," I replied dryly.

"How will you get there?" He mumbled.

"I'll find a way. I would expect a very angry review," I added as an after thought.

I angrily grabbed my luggage from the trunk and slammed it closed, beginning to walk. How did this happen? A little voice in my head reminded me that I did this to myself. I betrayed Maxon. So he picked Kriss. Why wouldn't he? She was perfect. Maxon always said that I was perfect too. But now she's better than me in one way. She has Maxon.