She let out a scream as she felt all that Marcus was feeling. He was reaching out for her help through their connection accessing magic she didn't even know she possessed as he began to chant an incantation.

Riley felt like her conscious completely merged with his for a brief moment as the spell hit the enemy before she was snapped back into her own body completely exhausted.

"Riley!" Luke cried as he shook her trying to get her to regain consciousness. Riley's whole head was swimming from the use of energy.

"That stupid boy really shouldn't have used their bond when she was in this condition," Luke growled, "I can't lose Riley too!"

"Luke, calm down. Riley will be ok."

Luke glared at Wren causing the boy to flinch in fear much to Luke's satisfaction. Luke sighed as he laid Riley down into her bed, ruffling her hair as he studied the sleeping girl.

"Sorry, I lost my temper," Luke sighed.

Wren nodded as he glanced over at the sound of footsteps. Wren nodded, turning his head to see a familiar face walking into the room, a child at his side.Luke glanced up in annoyance at the new intruders.

"I assume you just left the ambush?" Luke questioned.

"You still lack manners, boy," the man snapped.

"Luke, please don't push your luck!" Wren begged.

Wren had come to know Captain Murrell well over the years. His father had entrusted the man in keeping him safe as a child until he reached adulthood. Even now, the man still reported information about Wren to his father.

"I just want to know why he is here with that devil child?" Luke snapped.

Luke shuttered as Captain Murrell shot the boy a look breaking his intense gaze. Riley began to stir back awake from her unconsciousness, slowly lifting her head to see what all the commotion was about. She studied both the Captain and boy with half glazed eyes as she struggled to sit up.

This man screamed power, she could feel it radiating from him with a vividly strong red aura that almost blinded her as she unwittingly examined it. He had reddish brown hair that was beginning to grey in places with stern, reddish brown eyes and sharp pointy cheeks and nose.

His hand had been freshly bandaged with blood threatening to seep through the bandages.

"You're injured," she muttered as her eyes fell to the Captain's bleeding hand.

He glanced down noticing the blood with a small smile.

"Yeah, I am."

Riley motioned for the Captain to come closer. He slowly walked to stand in front of her, glancing down at the girl with curiosity.

Luke tensed up at how close he was, standing right beside the man as Riley took his hand in between hers, allowing the wounds to heal.

"Riley, you're exhausted. Stop using magic," Luke snapped.

"I'm sorry, he was hurt."

Stryker pulled his hand back, studying the now healed wounds. This girl was interesting to him. Even his son had perked up in interest at her actions. Technically, she was his enemy yet she healed him without hesitation.

"Sir, have you come as reinforcements to the guard?" Wren questioned.

"No, Michael has ordered for you to return home. With Bethany injured in the attack, he can't continue to travel between his home and the hospital to check in on you guys. All operations have been moved to the mansion until Bethany's condition improves," Stryker explained.