Chapter 26: Moms' Party

FRIDAY 7:26AM

Things were, in fact, slightly better in the morning. Except for Jakob, he was hurt, that much Alicia knew, it was quite obvious. It made her sick to know it had been her the one to cause him such a pain. Of course she could fix it or at least try but she was too ashamed of her actions, too scared.

"Is everything ok, guys?" Johanne raised her eyebrows to both her children.

"Sure." He answered.

"You aren't talking to each other...?" Lilian dared to ask.

Alicia swallowed, eyeing her brother out of the corner of her eye. He didn't even looked her way, not even for a second, he just shrugged and kept eating his breakfeast.

"Ok..." Their mom then sighed, "Whatever it is, fix it until tonight."

"Are you really doing this party?" Alicia talked for the first time.

"Of course, hunny. It'll be fun." Johanne smiled widely.

"We'll see." Jakob rolled his eyes.

When they finished breakfeast, Alicia's brother was the first to get up and grab his things. She asked him a question but never got an answer, her eyes then falling to the ground. Neither of their moms said anything, it was something they had to solve on their own.

The brunette loves her brother, even after everything he did, even after leaving her completely alone, she could not love him. Jakob was her brother, always. The same brother who used to hide her toys and break her dolls but also picked her up everytime she fell. The same brother that made her understand why life don't go so well sometimes, that made funny faces just to see her laugh.

Alicia loves her brother, and that's a fact.

The ride to school was weird to say the least. Jakob didn't open his mouth all way and Alicia tried to keep it quiet too. What could she possible say to make things right? She didn't know how.

"Are you taking me home too, Jakob?"

Her brother turned around, facing her for the first time on days. Their eyes locked and for a moment, the brunette thought a big smile would open on his face but in never did.

"No." And just like that he was gone.

Alicia knew him better than he probably knew himself. While growing up, Jakob started showing less and less, it was almost as if he didn't care. But she knew better, he cared, he was always there looking our for her.

This time was no different.

10:37AM

Biology was usually the best class but today, somehow, it was the worst. Everyone was whispering while looking at her, and she knew it was about the party. The whole school was coming by the looks of it and it didn't made Alicia happy, not at all.

"Chris is going."

The brunette looked up from her Iphone, facing Noora's cute face. She had a regretful smile upon her face, while talking.

"Of course he is." Alicia whispered, "He never missed a party."

"Maybe it will be a good opportunity for you to talk." The blonde told her.

"We're not meant for happiness, he and I."

"What?" Noora shook her head, "You're crazy!"

"No, ok? We're not meant to have everything we want." The brunette sighed, "That's not how it works unfortunatelly."