Chapter 9: Keep Trying

[INSTAGRAM]:

@aliciaklarson: ready to go spend Christmas with the bests

141 likes 5 comments

@loglady99: can't wait to see you! <3
@isakyaki: damn girl!
@evamohn2: my babe
@williammagnusson: watch out for the boys xD
@ellevillevillde: so pretty :3

TUESDAY 3:15pm

Alicia had spend the Christmas' night and the lunch on the next day with both her moms and her grandparents. The usual. But, even tho the girls had exchanged presents the previous Friday, they were meeting up at Eva's and sleeping there so they could go to Iben's party the next day.

Alicia's Iphone started ringing by her side, while she finished grabbing her bag from the corner. She reached for it and checked the one calling. William Magnusson, it said.

"Hello."

"Alicia, Merry Christmas!" William shouted from the other side.

She chuckled, "To you too."

A silence followed their greeting, and that moment the brunette knew William hadn't just called out of the kindness of his heart. It's never just one thing with the Penetrators, is it. Speaking of the topic, Alicia hadn't talked with Chris for one entire week, well since the beginning of the holidays which actually made it so easy to avoid him.

"You will be seeing me at the party." The brunette remembered, "So just spill why you called."

"Ok, smartass." She could swear he had rolled his eyes, "Have you talk to Chris?"

"Chris? No. Why?"

"Just wondering if you followed my advise." William said.

"Oh, please." It was Alicia's turn to roll her eyes, "You want me to believe your best friend doesn't tell you everything."

"Fine." He gave up, "I just want to hear your side cause Chris is being a total ass about it."

"He's a total ass about everything that's why I can't keep my head cold when talking to him." She confessed, "He makes me say things I don't want to say!"

"What didn't you mean to say?" William asked, curious.

"I just wanted to make him see that... him being the way he is can hurt people. Girls can get their heart broken, he can break souls that way. Betting on girls..."

"We've talked about it, Alicia. It was over." Her friend remembered her, "I told you, so why not just let it go."

"No, you said you left the bet." The brunette took a deep breath, "But Chris kept hitting on me, trying to win the trophy."