Once and for all

Magsimula sa umpisa

We descended the huge rocks that were by the sea. He left me here and went to follow the shoreline and find a raft. But the Aellos' territory was still far... How long will it take? I hope he finds one quickly. Then he won't sail without me. N-no, he'll come back to get me

He'll be back soon,

He'll be back soon...

"This is your only chance to escape," Essylt had said an hour ago before we parted ways, "Cailyn is furious about the Aella hunter who saunters on his territory without fear. An Aella on the other side of the island is not only a challenge to his authority and to our laws, she can also cause havoc between Aellos hungry to mate. Besides, the Leader is raging because an Aella so simply grabbed a man and took him back to this territory. Even though said man isn't really one, the news is starting to spread and the Aellos can use this as an excuse to break the law. So Cailyn has been searching for this woman for a couple of days now, the Aellos hunting her on our territory and the Aellas on theirs. But the old fox is yet to be found. Cailyn is certain she's hiding here, maybe even getting help from other woman hunters. He decided to send his men at dawn. The Aellas will be forced to retreat to their mountain and we're completely taking over these lands whether they like it or not. So you need to leave right away. If the other Aellos catch you, Cailyn won't help."

Priorities... Not Ithel nor I had malice in our hearts, and yet we were getting punished one way or the other. Because peace between the clans is more important than the lives of two Aellos. And to accomplish peace, order and strength were necessary. And Cailyn is trying to assert exactly that with his actions.

I didn't really get the idea of leaving at first, but now I understand that there's no other way. Ithel said so, so it must be true. My greatest regret is that.................. Alev...... the last time we spoke we argued and I acted so disrespectfully towards him that he sailed to another island. Somehow he got caught by Cailyn. Aello Essylt said that he spoke for my sake... I didn't get how it happened. I mean, he was angry and on another island, when did he get back here?

Or... maybe it was that weird fire that Cailyn used. Did my father come back when Cailyn called? Does that mean that he forgave me or not? And if not, .......... Would he still be my father?

A-am I fatherless again??? B-but he already claimed me! So even if he doesn't want me anymore, I...

I sighed. Ithel said that Alev wouldn't discard me or hurt me in any way, that he'll always be there for me no matter what. I believe him, but...... Alev did leave me and sail without a word when I angered him. And now I won't know if I'm still in his heart or not, if I'm still his son...

I groaned as my body hurt. My only solace in this was that they were going to catch her. She can't escape from Cailyn because he's too strong. He's the Leader of the whole tribe, and he's even stronger now that he called for his trusted men. He decided to take control of all the island. I didn't know how long he intended to keep such control. Maybe if he was using the chase as an excuse to invade the Aellas' territory. Ithel said that our Leader was a good one, but that he always had his own goals in mind. Ithel is so wise and smart.

And he'll be back soon...

I leaned on my better side against the rock, feeling my exhaustion manifest into another wave of dizziness. Ithel will bring a raft and we'll sail together away from here. We'll go to an empty island where there are no monsters, no people, no snares.

That was a silly thing to dream of because the safest island in these waters, was this very one.

But we will sail and we'll get away from all these troubles. I don't know if I'll walk properly ever again, but I hope the pain in my body will be gone on this new island. However, the closest island to this one was a day sail but from another side of the island. From where we were now, Ithel said that our best chance was Zury, the southern island that was three days of sail.