Once and for all

Začít od začátku

"He cannot keep me from my son."

I almost smiled, "He'll be happy to see you"

"Let's go then."

"Wait! We need a raft! We won't be able to leave until...... we get one..."

My voice trailed as I watched him jump into the sea and pull out a raft from behind a rock.

"You brought one?"

"You won't find any in this territory. So I brought this one from the other side"

I jumped into the water and took his place to pull the raft. He let me and walked close on the rocks while watching our surroundings.

"Ceri will be very happy when I bring you back to him"

"Hurry and keep quiet. You never know who might see us here. First, we'll get to Ceri and then we'll get enough food and water for the sail"

With that, we hurried back, following the shore towards where I came from. The walk in the water wasn't easy, but I did the best I could.

I couldn't wait to see his face when he sees the raft AND Alev.

~~~

Ceri (about an hour or so earlier)

"N-n-n-n-n-no! Ithel?", I whispered desperately

He hugged my head to him before pulling my hands away from his shoulders.

"I'll be back very soon, I promise! It's almost dawn already and we don't have time. Just stay calm and-"

"I-I-I'll go with you! Please?"

He gritted his teeth, not from anger but from lack of options, "I can't carry you on these rocks and move quickly. See the way we both fell just now and I dropped you? I can't risk hurting you again-"

"I'll walk! I-I-I'll run! Please, d-don't leave me behind"

He released my hands, took a couple of steps back and I went to follow him. As soon as I put the slightest pressure on my foot, pain shot from my sole to my spine and I groaned and fell on my knees. Ithel looked even more worried now, pained even. He hurried back and helped me sit with my back against one of the big gray rocks.

"I'm not leaving you, Ceri. I will never! But like I said, Essylt went to divert the attention of that Aella hunter who almost saw us, and I need to go get a raft quickly. Aellos will be swarming over the place very soon and we need to get out of here. I will never let those Aellas catch you and throw you into a snare ever again." He kissed my head and pulled away, "I will be right back, please hide and don't go anywhere no matter what!"

Ithel...

I watched my only hope as he quickly moved away. He was very tired, and yet he ran and jumped from one rock to the other until he disappeared.

Don't cry... stop being so pathetic... he'll be back soon,

He'll be back soon,

He'll be back soon...

I didn't cry. Tears would do me nothing good and I didn't think one could feel any more ashamed than I already did. Also, despite the water that I drank earlier, I was still thirsty and didn't want to lose any water to wretched tears. But I couldn't stop my legs and hands from shaking. I pulled myself closer against the rock and watched the sea. The waves moved without care to the world. They looked soft under the moonlight and I envied their calmness.

After Aello Essylt and Aella Trin helped us escape and explained that it was the only possible way to keep Ithel and me alive, we were now supposed to sail away from this island. But for that, we needed a raft and there was obviously none on the Aellas' side of the island. Ithel said that since the black and red fire was still lit, Cailyn was still hoping for more Aellos to join him. Which meant that there will be many rafts on this islands' shores. We needed to find one in order to sail.